Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 100301|
After completing BPT students need to specialize in one of the core areas for enhancing their decision making in diagnosis and drawing treatment plans accordingly. Keeping this in view Master of Physiotherapy, a 2 years full time programme has been offered at GDGU, where students will be trained to work with other health care professionals in multi specialty environment to identify and maximize their ability to diagnose and treat their patients and also help them perform various functions, in their chosen area of elective.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To detect & evaluate the anatomical, patho-physiological impairments, resulting in dysfunction of various age groups, & occupation; as well as epidemiological sectors in the population, & arrive at appropriate diagnosis in their chosen area of elective.
- To understand the rationale & basic investigative approach to the medical system & surgical intervention regimens; & accordingly plan & implement specific Physiotherapy measures effectively in their chosen area of elective.
- To promote education in physiotherapy in general, as well as competitive level, such as sports, work productivity, geriatrics, women’s health etc.
On completion of the programme, student will be able to:
- Emerge as a thorough responsible health care professionals.
- Practice competently in a legal, ethical, and professional manner as per prevalent laws.
- Critically analyse and take decisions about detailed therapeutic treatment in their chosen area of elective.
- Document and complete patient’s records in a meticulous, objective and accurate manner.
- Create a necessary knowledge base for advanced education in specialized clinical practice in their chosen area of elective.
Well designed programme structure & curriculum is taught by qualified & experienced members of faculty supported by rigorous hands on training in every aspect of physiotherapy field. Tie-ups with multi specialty hospitals will ensure advance exposure in clinical training. Some of the major areas that will be covered: Applied Sciences, Physiotherapeutic, Physical & Functional Diagnosis, Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Sports and Cardiopulmonary.
- Physiotherapists are employed in all general hospitals and also in specialty and super specialty hospitals run by the government and non-government organizations.
- Physiotherapists are also working at district levels and community health centers and will be engaged in primary health centers in near future.
- Foreign employment is most accessible to qualified physiotherapists.
- Option of entering in to academics for taking up assignment of teaching physiotherapy.
Candidates who have completed 4 years full time Bachelor of Physiotherapy from a UGC approved university are eligible to apply. In addition candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.