Duration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 100301
After completing BPT students need to specialize in one of the core areas for enhancing their decision making in diagnosis and drawing treatment plans accordingly. Keeping this in view Master of Physiotherapy, a 2 years full time Programme has been offered at GDGU, where students will be trained to work with other health care professionals in multi-specialty environment to identify and maximize their ability to diagnose and treat their patients and also help them perform various functions, in their chosen area of elective.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The post graduates will be able to detect & evaluate the Anatomical, Patho-physiological impairments, resulting in dysfunction of various age groups & occupation; as well as epidemiological sectors in the population, & arrive at appropriate diagnosis.
- The post graduates will be able to understand the rationale & basic investigative approach to the medical system & surgical intervention regimens; & accordingly plan & implement specific physiotherapy measures effectively.
- The postgraduates will be a competent and reflective physiotherapy practitioner who can function safely and effectively while adhering to legal, ethical and professional standards of practice in a multitude of physiotherapy settings for patients and clients across the lifespan and along the continuum of care from wellness and prevention to rehabilitation of dysfunction.
- The postgraduate will be able to promote health in general, as well as competitive level, such as sports, work productivity, geriatrics, women’s health etc, keeping in mind national health policies.
- The post graduate will acquire in-depth knowledge of structure and function of human body related to the respective branch of specialty
- PT post-graduate is encouraged to pursue further qualification to attain senior position in the professional field, also to keep abreast with the advance and new technology the professional should opt for continuous professional education credits offered by national and international institutes.
On successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills acquired through programme for the practice of profession of physiotherapy.
- Execute all routine physiotherapeutic procedures with evidence based practice.
- Plan and implement clinical and scientific solutions related to the profession of physiotherapy.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Provide adequate knowledge about the treatment procedures and its benefit.
- Perform independent physiotherapy assessment and treatment for patients.
- Undertake independent research in the field of physiotherapy.
- Learn multidisciplinary practice skills.
- Practice and assess patient independently.
- Understand and appreciate the role of physiotherapist in a professional and ethical manner for the development of healthy society.
- Practice in his / her specialty area with advanced knowledge and skills.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through self-study, continuing education and research.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional physiotherapy facilities, industry interaction and internships. Some of the major areas that will be covered: Applied Sciences, Physiotherapeutic, Physical & Functional Diagnosis, Musculoskeletal, Neurology, Sports and Cardiopulmonary.
Physiotherapists play an integral part in the healthcare sector and hence are required in all hospitals.
- Physiotherapists are employed in all general hospitals and also in specialty and super specialty hospitals run by the government and non-government organizations.
- Physiotherapists are also working at community health centers and primary health centers.
- Multinational companies for fitness of their employers recruits Physiotherapists.
- Foreign employment is most accessible to qualified physiotherapists.
- Option of entering in to academics for taking up assignment of teaching physiotherapy.
Candidates who have completed full time Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)with 50% marks from a UGC recognized university/institution are eligible to apply. In addition candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview