Duration: 2 Years | Programme Code: 100303
The 2 years full time post graduate Programme has been designed to focus on developing strong public health structure in India and countries with similar conditions. Students will be trained to enhance the efficiency & effectiveness of government’s plans & policies related to health care at primary and secondary levels. It will also help to gather data, interpret and make recommendation to various agencies for planing and allocating the resources.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge and skills in the field of public health.
- Graduates will identify the health problems and needs of defined population
- Graduates will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities by communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either individually or in a group.
- Understand the social ecological approach to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Graduate will discuss key elements of the policy processes and apply them to overcome public health related issues.
On successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills acquired through programme to practice the profession of public health.
- Plan, implement and evaluate programs to address identified public health needs in cooperation with community members
- Describe how societal, organizational, and individuals factors influence public health.
- Assure conditions that protect and promote the health of population
- Implement a public health program that reflects communication, leadership and advocacy skills.
- Describe the ethical and legal bases for public health services.
- Apply appropriate methods to assess the risk of communicable and non-communicable diseases in the diverse community.
- Use ethical standards for achieving organizational and community health goals.
- Recognize the current and emerging public health issues on local, state, national and global levels.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuous education and research.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, collaboration with renowned organizations, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships will provide the best platform to learn aspects of Public Health. Some of the major areas that will be covered include Introduction to Health Policy & Management, Fundamentals of Epidemiology, Strategic Planning and Marketing, Health Law and Ethics and Health Policy and Healthcare Financial Management.
- Health policy and management (academic, manager, policy advisor/policy analyst etc).
- Disease prevention and control (public health physician, epidemiologist, surveillance officer, monitoring and evaluation coordinator, data manager, statistician etc).
- Health promotion (health educator, counselor, mass medical coordinator etc).
- Occupational/environment health (environmental scientist, public health/sanitary engineers, factory inspectors etc).
Candidates who have completed graduation are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to those candidates who have completed MBBS / BDS /AYUSH / B.Sc. (Nursing) / B. Pharm/ B.PTor equivalent degree in sciences from UGC approved university.ln addition candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.