Placed in Inner pages
|Duration: 2 Years||Programme Code: 100303|
The 2 years full time post graduate programme has been designed to focus on developing strong public health structure in India and countries with similar conditions. Students will be trained to enhance the efficiency & effectiveness of governments plans & policies related to health care at primary and secondary levels. It will also help to gather data, interpret and make recommendation to various agencies for planing and allocating the resources.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Provide each student with learning resources that aid the successful completion of program requirement and become an expert of public health.
- Expose students to diverse audiences and professionals thereby expanding capacity for reaching key audiences in public health practice.
- To promote health in general, as well as competitive level, such as sports, work productivity, geriatrics, women’s health etc, keeping in mind National Health Policies.
- Ensure that students are prepared for public health employment and academic Institutions.
At the end of the programme, student will be able to
- Communicate strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities.
- Design, implement and evaluate public health programs and policies to promote health according to the specific needs of different populations.
- Implement a public health program that reflects communication, leadership and advocacy skills.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative public health research using proper methodologies.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, collaboration with renowned organizations, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships will provide the best platform to learn aspects of Public Health. Some of the major areas that will be covered include Introduction to Health Policy & Management, Fundamentals of Epidemiology, Strategic Planning and Marketing, Health Law and Ethics and Health Policy and Healthcare Financial Management.
As a Public Health professional graduates can work in areas of:
- Health policy and management (academic, manager, policy advisor/policy analyst etc).
- Disease prevention and control (public health physician, epidemiologist, surveillance officer, monitoring and evaluation coordinator, data manager, statistician etc).
- Health promotion (health educator, counselor, mass medical coordinator etc).
- Occupational/environment health (environmental scientist, public health/sanitary engineers, factory inspectors etc).
Candidates who have completed graduation are eligible to apply. Preference will be given to those candidates who have completed MBBS / BDS /AYUSH / B.Sc. (Nursing) / B. Pharm/ B.PT from UGC approved university.ln addition candidates will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.