|Duration: 2 Years
||Programme Code: 020305
M. Tech. Communication Engineering programme aims at equipping the students with a knowledge of computer systems and communication engineering. The technical skills and ability to pursue high end research in the field of communication engineering are also provided.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will become eminent communication engineers capable of playing significant role in their relevant field or carrying out related research activities at academic and research institutions.
- The graduates will apply their knowledge and skills of communication engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional developmentÂ through self-study, continuing education or professional and doctoral level studies.
Upon completion of the M. Tech. Communication Engineering (CE) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply advanced level knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of communication engineering.
- Design advanced level communication systems, components, or processes to meet identified needs within economic, environmental and social constraints.
- Demonstrate the knowledge of communication engineering in various fields like optical network, signal processing, high performance networks, advanced radiation systems, digital communication, etc.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Identify, formulate, and solve communication engineering related problems using advanced level computing techniques.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Understand the impact of communication engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning through continuing education and research.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in the area of communication engineering.
- Manage projects related to communication engineering in multidisciplinary environments.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
Major areas that will be covered under this Programme:
Advanced Digital Processing, Wireless Mobile Networks, Modern Digital Communication, Image Processing and Compression Techniques, Advanced Radiation Systems, Processors and Architectures, Mobile Computing.
The employment and career opportunities for the communication engineering graduates exist in leading core communication companies, R & D institutions and industries working in the field of communication technology.
B.E/B.Tech or equivalent in ECE or M.Sc (Electronics)/Physics or in relevant discipline. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete a Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.