Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020214
B.Tech. Agricultural Engineering programme endeavors to instill in students the knowledge and skills to develop technology/processes to raise food production and productivity and reduce losses of agriculture/farm production through efficient utilization and conservation of natural resources. The knowledge of agriculture engineering will enable the students to address the issues relevant to social and technological development of farmers with advancement in industrialization as well as work towards the general and economic upliftment of farmers.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will demonstrate knowledge of innovative technologies needed for the agricultural practice.
- The graduates will develop skills necessary to design the process to evaluate and implement problem solutions of agriculture.
- The graduates will develop continuous professional and technical growth so as to become a professional engineer and successful leader.
- The graduates will be capable to address the issues of ethical and social impact of engineering practice.
Upon successful completion of B.Tech Agriculture Engineering programme, the students will be able to:
- apply the concepts of mathematics, science and engineering in agriculture.
- identify, formulate and analyze the problem statements and evaluate the agricultural systems.
- design the system components or processes to meet desired needs within realistic contraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, safety and sustainability.
- apply research based knowledge and methods to provide valid conclusions.
- explore the techniques and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practices.
- communicate ideas, principles and theory effectively through oral presentations, computer based tools and software and written reports.
- demonstrate and apply engineering and management principles and function in inter-disciplinary team while planning the research projects.
- engage in the lifelong learning process in context of technological advancements of farm mechanizations.
- develop competencies in computer and automatic control systems, information systems, mechanical systems and natural resource systems to solve agriculture engineering problems.
Some of the Major Areas that will be Covered
Agricultural Process Engineering, Farm Machinery & Power Engineering, Soil & Water Conservation Engineering, Irrigation & Drainage Engineering, Farm Structures, Electrical & other Energy sources, Basic sciences & Computer Technology, General Agriculture such as Agronomy, Horticulture, Soil Science, Animal Husbandry & Dairy Science.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified, competent and dedicated faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction, semester abroad opportunities.
Agricultural engineering graduates have bright career prospects in agricultural corporations, agricultural development institutions, the departments of agriculture, agricultural input suppliers, farming estates, agricultural regulatory services, importers and exporters of agricultural goods. They may find exciting career opportunities as Agricultural Officers, Agricultural Extension Officers, Food Inspector in State & Central Department of Food & Drug Ministry, Agricultural University Teaching Staff, Design Engineer in Irrigation Industries and Processing Engineer.
10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical vocational subjects. In addition, the candidates will also have to successfully complete GATA (Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission) and appear for a personal interview.