Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020202
B. Tech. Civil Engineering programme provides you a strong technical background in the key subjects of structural, geotechnical and hydraulic engineering. It includes planning, analysis, design, construction, and maintenance of a variety of structures such as buildings, highways, railways, waterways, airports, canals, dams, docks and harbors.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will attain employment in the field of civil engineering technology, construction management, or any other closely related field.
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of civil engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate significant leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
Upon completion of the Civil Engineering (CE) programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge, techniques, skills and modern tools of civil engineering technology.
- Utilize graphic techniques to produce engineering documents.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing on civil engineering materials.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Utilize modern surveying methods for land measurement and/or construction layouts.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in civil engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of civil engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Determine forces and stresses in elementary structural systems.
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for civil engineering practice.
- Estimate material quantities for technical projects.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the civil technical specialties.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships, semester abroad programs.
Engineering Mechanics, Soil Mechanics, Transportation Engineering, Engineering Geology , Fluid, Mechanics, Structural Analysis, Surveying, Concrete Technology, Environmental Engineering, Building Materials and Technology, Hydraulics, Design of Steel Structures.
Opportunities exist in both public and private sector companies.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.