Duration: 3 Years | Programme Code: 010201
The Programme is designed for students coming from diverse backgrounds. The programme has core courses, competency builders, amalgamators, augmenters, practical work, case studies, industry interface and research. The BBA programme introduces and exposes the students to various industry-specific management functions such as those in the areas of Marketing, Finance, and International Business enabling a student to get attuned to the expectations of corporate culture. School of Management also offers BBA Accounting & Finance in association with KPMG. School of Management also has collaboration with British Standards Institution (BSI), a leading global independent business services organization that develops standards to help business and industry for the delivery of specialized courses in Management Systems and Business Performance Programmes.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Understanding the processes and systems in which organizations operate.
- Inculcating an awareness of multi-functional management skills in graduates.
- Making graduates aware of the challenges in efficient leadership.
- Developing socially and ethically responsible professionals.
Towards the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- develop an ability to effectively communicate both orally and verbally.
- appreciate importance of working independently and in a team.
- have exposure of complex business situations and problems and will be able to find their solutions.
- process information by effective use of IT tools.
- understand required mathematical, analytical and statistical tools for business analysis.
- develop an understanding of various management functions such as finance, operations & supply chain, marketing, human resource, International Business, and general management.
- develop self-confidence and awareness of general issues prevailing in the society.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Human Resource Management, Accounting and Financial Management, Fundamentals of Marketing Management, Operations Management, Information Technology, International Business, Indian Economy
The teaching is done through interactive sessions in the classroom. Real life scenarios and situations are shared through videos, audios, role play, tutorials and group work. Emphasis is laid on practical work which is simulated through case studies, actual projects and learning by doing. The knowledge and skills of students are assessed by innovative techniques. The parameters for assessment are professionally developed for each competency. The programme also includes flexible credit structure with variety of options from amalgamators, augmenters and competency builders (please see university website for details).
The students can aim for mid-management level jobs immediately after the completion of course in most of the industries like Manufacturing companies, Export and trading houses, financial concerns, Banks, NGO’s, PSU’s, Multinational
10+2 from CBSE or equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.