Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 040202
BHMCT is a four year intensive programme which exposes the student to the diversity of hospitality industry and equips the student with intellectual & leadership capabilities allowing the student to move into diverse managerial roles in prestigious international organisations. Its multi-disciplinary programme focuses on critical analysis of management styles & strategic thinking required to succeed in hotel management.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Create a blue print to your hospitality career & get exposed to crucial hospitality management concepts.
- Understand the fundamentals of the Hotel Industry, Commercial Kitchen Operations, Food & Beverage Service and the Wines.
- Introduction to key principles of Human Resources, Customer Centered Marketing and specific Finance & Accounting for Hotel industry.
- Focus on delivering superior performance and value to your customer.
- To provide our students with an in depth understanding of the operational aspects and knowledge of the underlying principles of the International Hospitality Industry.
- Allow students to become familiar with the practical aspects of the hospitality industry and the strategic management issues involved in operating International Resorts and Hotels.
- Present to them an avenue to move into range of international organizations in service sector.
- To train students for operational and administrative supervisory & management positions.
- Prepare graduates for management careers in industry sectors such as Hotels, Resorts, Cruise Liners, Restaurants and Catering Organisations.
The application of operations fundamentals shall be nurtured through live practical and industry trainings. The programme delivery includes theory lecture, tutorials and interactive sessions, problem solving & practical sessions, research projects and class presentation and case studies.
Some of the major areas that will be covered:
Food & Beverage Service, Rooms Division Management, Kitchen Operations Management, Fundamentals of Management, Marketing Introduction, Human Resource Management, Strategic Management and Managerial Accounting.
Opportunities exist in the Hotels Restaurant and Pub Management, Accommodation Operations, Food Production, Banqueting (Sport and Leisure Industry) (Spas, recreation centers, lifestyle centric jobs), Entertainment (cinemas, theatres, and restaurants), relaxation and cultural pursuits (museums and galleries, reading, shopping), Contract Catering etc.
10+2 from CBSE or any other equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.