Duration: 3 Years | Programme Code: 060201
This course familiarizes students intimately with the teaching methodologies and legal research of both national and international characters keeping in view the different types of legal systems, especially in Common Law traditions as well as Civil Law system as practiced in India. It enables students capable of analyzing and examining the economic, cultural and political impact of enacted laws. The course fosters study and research into legal theory and values; examines the relationship between theory and practice; and enhance opportunities for scholarly research, writing, and publication.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To provide the best education, training and knowledge resources for the preparation of the legal minds and professionals of tomorrow.
- To develop talented individuals with fully developed theoretical and practical knowledge of the law as well as excellent leadership capabilities to provide quality service to all, in all spheres of endeavor and in all circumstances.
- To provide students breadth, expertise and a foundation for professional practice.
- To develop fundamental in-depth knowledge and understanding of: the principles, concepts, values, substantive rules and development of the Indian legal system and core areas of business law.
- To provide our graduates with self-confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills that will provide added benefit to them as individuals, to the legal profession and to society as a whole.
- Develop a deepened understanding of law in a variety of contexts.
- Critically engage with the role of law in managerial practice.
- Display the ability to deal with different types of legal issues and laws.
- Apply critical and contextual approaches across a wide variety of subject matter.
- Develop the ability to analyze, articulate and write on the subject
The objectives of the Bachelor of Laws (LLB) program at GDGU are to enable students to gain an understanding of basic legal concepts and legal institutions and of the historical, social, political and economic factors influencing their development. Upon completion of the LLB, students will be able to identify, use and evaluate the concepts, principles, rules and methods used in legal argument and will have developed oral and written skills, especially of legal argument, legal research and critical analysis. Students will have gained an understanding of concepts of justice, a concern to promote justice and an appreciation of their professional responsibilities.
Central/State Government jobs are open to Lawyers. They can be appointed as Judges of various courts, as Attorney and Solicitor General, as Public Prosecutor and also in Defense, Tax and Labour departments. Lawyer can also work as legal counsel and legal advisers for international firms, organizations and families. They also can work with legal consultancy firms dealing with tax, excise, patent, labour and environmental laws.
Graduation in any field from a UGC recognized university. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.