Duration: 3 Years | Programme Code: 010204
The Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Entrepreneurship program is designed to prepare future entrepreneurs with the skills and knowledge to start their own businesses. The program will focus on identifying, analyzing and evaluating global and local business opportunities; creating new independent business ventures or new ventures within existing firms; developing creativity and understanding innovation; ethical and social responsibilities for entrepreneurs; and opportunities for women and minority entrepreneurs etc.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Initiate new ventures or significantly growing existing firms through innovation and change.
- Inspire potential students to think like an entrepreneur, by being innovative and creative in their thoughts and action.
- Train them to carry in-depth analysis of disciplinary and interdisciplinary subjects,and enable them to get hands-on experience in the industry
- Provide guidance and knowledge that enables students to tackle the greatestchallenges that the initial stages of a new project presents, with the ultimate goal
Students who graduate in entrepreneurship will be able to:
- be critical thinkers who are capable of identifying business opportunities by using cutting-edge analytical tools and problem-solving skills to start new businesses and implement processes to successfully operate these businesses.
- communicate clearly and effectively, to develop and evaluate business plans and funding proposals and start a successful business.
- apply relevant financial principals to assess startup capital needs, cash flow needed for growth, break-even analysis and pre-and post-funding valuation.
- understand ethical issues related to owning a business and the responsibility towards both investors and employees.
- apply interpersonal skills to effectively market a product or service and develop skills needed to effectively lead an organization.
Some of the major areas that will be covered
Entrepreneurship in a Global economy, New business development, Business and marketing plans for new ventures, Leadership management, Project management, Business management, Business plan, Brand management and communications, Feasibility analysis for new ventures.
Teaching is done through interactive sessions in the classroom. Real life scenarios and situations are shared through videos, audios, role plays, tutorials and group work. Emphasis is laid on practical work which is simulated through case studies, actual projects and learning by doing. The knowledge and skills of students are assessed by innovative techniques.The parameters for assessment are professionally developed for each competency. The programme also includes flexible credit structure with variety of options from amalgamators, augmenters and competency builders (please see university website for details).
One can develop a career in sectors ranging from FMCG, Retail, Tourism, Banking, Hospitality, IT and ITeS, Media, PR & Advertising, Consultancy, Market Research, E-commerce, etc.
10+2 from CBSE or any equivalent examination in any discipline. In addition, applicants will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.