Capability Enhancement and Development Schemes
- Guidance for competitive examinations
- Career counselling
- Soft skill development
- Remedial coaching
- Remedial coaching
- Bridge course
- Yoga and Meditation
- Personal Counselling
The University has these schemes to enhance the capability and holistic development of the students. Following measures/ initiatives are taken up from time to time for the same:
- Students are guided regarding the future prospects of various options in different areas. Guest lectures, seminars & workshops are conducted from time to time by different Schools in order to provide exposure to students regarding different opportunities available in their respective fields. They are also given sessions to update them about the higher education prospects available in their fields. They are also sensitized on the societal responsibilities via different ways.
The University has a full-fledged Corporate Resource Centre (CRC). The CRC team takes care of the Internships and placements of the students. Campus placements for quality jobs in reputed companies are contacted and organized. Each school has a team formed for Placements comprising of Faculty members and students who work as a bridge between the respective school and CRC. During Internships as well after placements, feedbacks are taken from the Industry mentors for further improvements.
Image consultants are called from time to time to apprise the students about their career paths and requirements of the Industry.
- In order to enhance the soft skills and employability skills of the students value added courses such as Communication Skills, Business Communication, Personality Enhancement and Campus to Corporate are made an integral part of the curriculum of the students. The students are also counseled and motivated to become better citizens and advised to stand upright for social causes. To imbibe these qualities, they are encouraged to participate in activities for social and community service. The University also provides every student with the facility of undertaking an Inter-Disciplinary project so as to enhance their soft skills. Apart from this the students are provided Summer and Winter Internships, Exchange Programmes, Projects, Dissertations, Seminars, Group Discussions, Mock Interviews, Inter-disciplinary Projects, Team Activities, Community based activities, Guest Lectures, Industry Visits, Excursions, Workshops, Conferences, Conclaves, Placement Assistance via Corporate Resource Centre, Organizing activities such as Udyami Bazar, IDEA to enhance their application skills, team building skills and entrepreneurial skills. Many conferences are also organized from time to time to enhance the knowledge and skills of students. Many School level, Intra-University and Inter-University events are organized from time to time for the holistic development of the students.
- Bridge classes, Remedial classes and Doubt clearing classes are conducted for weak/ needy students.
- Proper courses are run to enhance the spoken English and Communication Skills of the students. The University has an English Language lab with software installed in the systems by Pearson Ltd. – www.globalenglish.com. So as to enhance the students English spoken, written, listening and reading skills
- In order to focus on the wellness and fitness of students Yoga and other sports activities are organized from time to time.
- With respect to the personal counselling of the students, the University has an independent system for student support, mentoring and counselling. Effective mentoring, personalized guidance and counselling is provided to students in order to promote their growth and development. Information about the University is publicly accessible to all the students. The University conducts an orientation programme for all the new admission students. In this programme, the students are acclimatized with the systems, manners and processes followed at the School as well as University level. During the admission, the students are provided a University admission handbook as well which encompasses all the information required information about their respective school and University. The University has a proper student mentoring process in place. Every student is assigned a faculty mentor who regularly monitors the attendance, performance and behavior of the student and informs his/ her parents on fortnightly basis. The mentors encourage their mentees to actively participate in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities. The mentor ensures that the mentees follow the code of conduct of the university while involving in academic and non-academic activities. The faculty mentor takes initiative in addressing the academic, psycho-social & personal needs of the students for their mentoring, counseling and academic advises. The mentors are strongly supported by the management to discharge the mentoring process with care and confidentiality. The students in need of special counselling regarding serious matters are referred to trained counsellor available in the University. The University also has a mechanism for timely redressal of student grievances, if any. The University has an anti-ragging committee and a mechanism for prevention of sexual harassment which monitors student interactions effectively. The University faculty members really act as a true friend, philosopher and a guide for the students
Apart from this for International students, the University has an international students cell to specifically cater to the requirements of foreign students.
Every class has a faculty coordinator as well who guides the students in academic & personal matters by offering the required help in terms of academic mentoring & counseling