B.Com Honors - Finance and Accounting
What kinds of positions are held by those who have an undergraduate degree in Commerce?
- Bookkeeping, accounting and auditing clerks focus on the company’s financial records. They maintain, monitor and generate reports from the records. This include coding documents according to accepted procedures, recording and summarizing numerical data, reconciling and if needed reporting financial discrepancies found while complying with accounting practices.
- Accountants are responsible accounting and finance activities such as payroll administration, preparation of accounts, balance sheets, tax returns and invoice management. In a consulting firm they prepare and audit clients’ business accounts, help in the preparation of tax returns and other varied financial documentation, which are then certified by supervising accountants.
- Auditors review the accounts of companies and organisations to ensure the financial records are compliant with regulatory obligations. They may also suggest possible risk aversion measures and cost savings. They ensure the accounting processes followed are withing the regulatory and company guidelines.
- Payroll administrators compute and ensure that employees receive their wages on time. This includes preparation of pay slips and ensure that benefits packages are implemented correctly.
- Tax advisors help their clients in tax planning and compliance to the regulatory authorities, maintain proper records, and exact tax rates are applied and correct amounts are deposited with the prescribed authorities.