The School has modern laboratories in various fields. A partial list is given below:
- Entomology lab has facilities for research on systematics, ecology of insects and bio-control of insect pests and host plant resistance and is equipped with entomological equipment for rearing insect cultures, insect collection and preservation, culture bottles, setting boards, microscopes, dissection kits, equipment for estimating Biological Oxygen Demand(BOD), Growth chamber, instruments for analysing insecticides, monocular microscope and Electronic balance.
- Plant pathology lab is available with facilities for basic plant pathological/microbiological, immunological and molecular detection and characterization of Phytopathogenic bacteria. The lab is equipped with Sprayer Light Traps, Pheromone Trap Centrifuge, Refrigerator Camera Lucida, Ocular Meter and Stage Micrometer.
- The microbiology laboratory is equipped with facilities for isolation, purification and maintenance of microbial cultures, bacterial staining procedures and preparation of nutritional media.
- Soil Science laboratory is equipped with the following instruments; pH meter, conductivity meter, Monocular Microscope, Bucket Auger, Moisture Box, Rotary Shaker-Tensiometer, Chlorophyll Meter, Digestion Block, Hydraulic Conductivity meter, Nitrogen Analyser, Flame photometer, Photo Colorimeter. These instruments play key role in analyzing and estimating nutrient status of soil before sowing of any crop.
- Agronomy lab is equipped with moisture meter, basic soil sampling kit, Chlorophyll meter, nitrogen analyser, refrigerator, microscope, herbarium. Seed samples of different crops, oilseeds, pulses and horticultural crops are also kept in laboratory for students to study and be able to identify on the field. Filed related agronomical equipments are kept in the research farm of school.
Facilities are available in crop physiology lab to study metabolic changes during seed development, Seed viability and seed vigour indices of physiological and harvestable maturity, measurement of photosynthetic CO2 assimilation by Infra-Red Gas Analyser (IRGA) and other physiological studies.
Horticulture and Forestry
The horticulture and forestry lab has Monocular microscopes, Refrigerator, Electronic weighing balance, seed germinator, grafting and budding knife, hand refractometer, loppers, pH meter, Lux-meter and tree callipers.
Plant Breeding & Genetics, Seed Technology & Plant biochemistry
The laboratory has facilities to teach cell division- mitosis and meiosis, gene interactions, genetic screening for inheritance studies and photochemical studies. The equipments include laminar airflow cupboards, autoclaves, centrifuges, PCR machines, Deep freeze refrigerators, Automatic seed /grain counters and spectrophotometers. These are used for Plant tissue culture studies and other areas of advanced biotechnology.
Agricultural Research Farm
The School has an agricultural farm for experimentation and training in the use of technologies used for agriculture. The research farm supports a wide cross section of research and brings together the various disciplines of Agricultural Sciences. The studies bring forward the best ideas and facilitates field research and teaching activities.
The major equipments and implements in the farm are disc plough, mould board plough, bund maker, seed cum fertilizer drill, Falli Cultivator, Screw Bolt cultivator for land preparation and crop sowing. The basic weeding equipment like khurpa, spade and knapsack sprayer are also present in the farm to ensure that the crop is kept in a healthy condition.
Kendriya Vidyan Kendra, Baramati
Collaboration with KVK provides exposure to practices in the industry and also the latest equipment. The students get the opportunity to learn practically through interaction with experts in various disciplines regarding the farming practices. They learn how to identify various types of species identification, use of modern agriculture implements, and the best practices in the application of pesticides, weedicides and insecticides.
College of Agriculture, Agricultural Development Trust, Baramati
The collaboration focuses on developing the student skills, knowledge generation, participation, agricultural innovation, through a mandatory training programme for 10 days to get practice and exposure to modern agricultural technology interventions.
ICAR-Indian Institute of Maize Research (IIMR), Pusa, Delhi
Collaboration with IIMR provide students with an insight into the tools of biotechnology and techniques used in molecular breeding of crops. The students are introduced to tissue culture techniques and gene transfer methods, for building climate resilience in maize based cropping systems.
The School has a diverse student population drawn from various states of the country and abroad which helps to create a lively, cosmopolitan atmosphere on the campus. The campus is an architectural marvel with excellent infrastructure set on the foothills of the Aravalli. Other than Academics, the Students’ societies and clubs on the campus organize a wide range of social events and sporting activities. Further, the School strives to equip and empower its students to contribute to the nation-building process and development of society at large and become a portal of learning in the area of Agriculture Sciences.