Students of School of Management creating the NEWSBOXMarch 3, 2016
School of Management Class Activity: Open the Johari windowMarch 3, 2016
Date: 2nd March 2016
Venue: School of Management (A-Block)
Time: 2.30-3.30 pm
Finance club organised a group discussion on the topic, “Analysis of Budget 2016. The participants were students from BBA Semester 2. Lot of points were discussed and it was a very informative and critical discussion. Some of the points discussed about the budget are as follows:
- No change in Tax Slabs
- Lowering of Corporate IT rate for companies not exceeding Rs. 5 crore turnover to 25% plus surcharge.
- Ceiling under 87A to be increased to Rs. 3,000.
- HRA deduction up from Rs. 24,000 to Rs. 60,000 p.a.
- Rs. 100 crore for Deendayal Upadhyay’s birthday celebrations and Guru Gobind Singh 300th birth anniversary.
- Classification of expenditure as plan and non-plan to be done away with.
- FIscal deficit at 3.5% of GDP in 2016-17.
- A bill on targeted delivery of financial services using Aadhar to be introduced.