Duration: 3 Years
B.Sc. Healthcare and Clinical Research is a three year degree program that builds a strong foundation towards various basic and allied aspects in clinical and pre-clinical research. The programme on healthcare and clinical research deals with the clinical trial regulations, good clinical practice guidelines, study designs and research methodology involved in bringing a potential drug from the laboratory to the market. An innovative curriculum of this programme will enable students to get requisite clinical skills for carrying out ethical research with scientific merit and also to protect the rights, safety and wellbeing of patients participating in clinical trials. The graduates of this programme could play an important role in investigating biochemical causes of disease and evaluation of new drugs / treatment protocols.
The course of study for Bachelor of Sciences in Healthcare and Clinical Research shall extend over a period of six semesters (three academic years) including an internship of 3 months. The course is duly designed in consultation with clinical trials expert and approved by Directorate of Higher Education, Haryana. A candidate is required to attain at least 75% attendance in individual courses considering theory and practical separately to be eligible to appear for the respective examinations.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to take part in a clinical trial research of drugs.
- The graduates will develop skills necessary to conduct and management of clinical trials, at multi-centric sites in India and overseas.
- The graduates will understand of etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and evidence based therapy of various disease states
- The graduates will follow good clinical practice and standard operating procedure for clinical research and clinical data management
- The graduates will develop continuous professional and technical growth so as to become a clinical professional and successful team leader.
- The graduates will be capable of adopting latest technological advancement in clinical practices by life-long learning with professional and ethical uprightness and socio-economic concerns.
On successful completion of this programme, graduates will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of clinical study design/protocol for efficient clinical data management
- Understand the regulatory perspectives on clinical research related activities.
- Conduct standardized database/procedure testing, data validation, SAE reconciliation and medical coding.
- Graduates will adapt diverse working environment and participate actively and take leadership in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary health care communities.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in clinical research practice.
- Understand and analyze the impact of clinical research practice in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Understand evolving regulatory processes, standards and practices of ICH GCP in the conduct of different therapeutic trials
- Graduates will possess critical acumen for continuously updating their knowledge through self-study or higher education.
Well-defined academic curriculum crafted to current clinical needs; qualified and eminent faculty members from both clinical and academic research backgrounds; transfer of knowledge through project as well as research based activities; inter-disciplinary project based learning; state-of-the-art laboratories; exceptional computing facilities; clinical interaction and internships in multispecialty hospitals.
Basics of human physiology & anatomy; Clinical Research Including introduction, clinical development & regulation, designing & monitoring clinical trials, clinical research project management & outsourcing, Bio-Availability and Bio-Equivalence (BA/BE) Studies; Clinical Research and Healthcare Quality Management.
This programmme caters to evolving industry demands and moulds both fresher as well as experienced candidates to become exceptional professionals in the arena of clinical research and healthcare. Graduates of this programme may secure lucrative jobs in reputed healthcare organizations as Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Investigator, Study Coordinator, Data Manager / Biostatistician, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Clinical Trials Auditor, Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Research Manager, Business Development Manager, Drug Safety Associate, Medical Writer etc.
- Candidate shall have passed 10+2 examination conducted by the respective state/central government authorities recognized as equivalent to 10+2 examination by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) with English as one of the subjects and Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics (P.C.M) or Biology (P.C.B/P.C.M.B.) as optional subjects individually
- Any other qualification approved by the GDGU as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
- In addition candidates will have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.