Duration: 3.5 Years
B.Sc. in Radiology and Imaging Technology is a Three and Half years degree program designed to impart profound Medical imaging knowledge through quality research and training programs to cater the community health needs thereby facilitating the development of socially responsible radio-technologist and entrepreneurs. The course of study for B.Sc. in Radiology and Imaging Technology shall extend over a period of seven semesters (3.5 academic years). The course curriculum designed on the basis sample curriculum prescribed by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare which includes in-depth study of Radiographic and Image Processing Techniques, Conventional Radiological Equipment, Modern Radiological & Imaging Equipment, Contrast & Special Radiography procedures etc.
Program’s Educational Objectives
- To develop knowledge and skilled professionals to perform radiological and imaging diagnostic tools at multi-centric destinations in India and abroad.
- To pursue successful industrial, academic and research careers in specialized fields of radiological and imaging technology.
- To edify students with necessary skills to perform various diagnostic procedures in the domain of radiological and imaging technology following ethical principles.
- To inculcate a problem solving mindset of the students through clinical exposure of real world problems.
- To equip students with good laboratory practices pertaining to radiology and imaging procedures with due safety of the personnel involved.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of radiology and imaging techniques for efficient diagnosis of the diseased or un-diseased state.
- Identify and solve complex problems arising during the procedure of radio diagnostic procedure of the patients.
- Utilize modern tools and modalities in the arena of medical imaging technology for better outcomes.
- Understand and appreciate the role of radio diagnostic in the development of healthy society
- Undertake Public Health care projects and camps for counseling society about safe use of radio diagnostic and imaging procedures
- Conduct standardized radiological and imaging diagnostic procedure within the realm of ethical guidelines
- Understand and analyze the impact of radio diagnostic practices in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Graduates will adapt diverse working environment and participate actively and take leadership in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary health care communities.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means.
- Graduates will possess critical acumen for continuously updating their knowledge through self-study or higher education and research.
Well-designed program curriculum is taught by qualified & experienced faculty and clinical experts; adequate theoretical knowledge to radiological and imaging investigations rationally in any clinical set up and carry out and interpret the results; research training program for students; industry/clinical exposure in healthcare organizations of repute.
Human Anatomy, Human Physiology and Radiation Physics, preparation of patient, Radio Diagnostic procedure, Patient care, Basic construction and function of radiological Equipment, Preventive care and maintenance of radiological equipment.
Radio-diagnostic profession in India is evolving as one of the leading and needed occupation worldwide in healthcare sector. The proliferation of medical facilities and the Government’s thrust on health care promises a bright future for radiology professionals. A radio-technologist uses X-ray, CT Scans, MRI and ultrasound for producing radiography for diagnosis of disease and injury on the body. India has become a major destination for quality healthcare services. A career in Radio-diagnostic profession has a bright future. The graduates in Radiology and Imaging Technologycan also pursue their professional career in almost all types of healthcare organizations i.e. hospitals, nursing homes, government departments, universities, research institutes etc. Some of the jobs profile in different sectors are:
Radiology Assistant, Radiographer, Radiology Technician, Radiologist, Radio- technologist, Ultrasound Technician, Sonographer, MRI Technician ,CAT Technologist
Self- Entrepreneurial Opportunities
Graduates of Radiology and Imaging Technology course can start their own laboratory under the supervision of MD Radiologist on the basis of License granted to him/her after successful completion of BRIT Program.
Students can also study further to increase academic hallmark with specialization in diagnostic radiology, radiation oncology, vascular and interventional radiology, pediatric radiology, nuclear radiology, pain medicine and neuro-radiology. M.Phil or PhD can be pursued after acquiring PG qualification to become an academician, Researcher or specialized radiology expert.
Candidate should have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB). A student should complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission of the Program.
In addition candidates will have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.