Duration: 2 Years | Programme code: 100005
Diploma in clinical pathology is a two year diploma program for apprising students about practical aspects of clinical pathological techniques. The Student will get exposure of handling and processing histopathology, clinical pathology, microbiology, biochemistry and transfusion medicine samples with a knowledge of general principles and methodology. Diploma holders of this programme will assist medical professionals in a wide variety of healthcare centers and institutions where clinical pathology is performed as main or ancillary task.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Students will have knowledge of clinical pathology practices required for diagnosis of various ailments.
- Students will be able to offer high quality opinion for the purpose of diagnosis and overall wellbeing of the ailments associated with the patients.
- Students will be capable of pursuing clinical and laboratory based research.
- Students will follow ethical practices associated with the pathological field.
- Students will be able to work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary clinical environment, either independently or in a team and demonstrate significant leadership qualities.
- Students will engage in life-long learning and professional development through continuing education by graduate/post graduate and doctoral level studies.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge and skills associated with clinical pathology.
- Perform routine clinical pathological procedures within acceptable quality control parameters in hematology, chemistry, immunohematology and microbiology.
- Identify pathological processes and correlating these with the clinical symptoms and sign.
- Make independent decisions in diagnostic histopathology, hematology, cytology, clinical pathology and immunology etc.
- Function effectively as a leader or team member to accomplish a common goal.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility in executing clinical pathological practices.
- Demonstrate skills for effective communication of the diagnosis to the medical professionals as well as to patients.
- Apply problem solving techniques in identification and correction of procedural errors, instrument malfunctions and verifying the accuracy of laboratory results.
- Develop skills to be a productive member of a team engaged in health, research and education.
- Develop awareness of professional , medico legal aspects and new developments in the area of pathology.
- Recognize the need to engage in continuing professional development for the welfare of the society.
Well-designed programme curriculum is taught by qualified & experienced members of faculty; adequate theoretical knowledge to plan lab investigations rationally in any clinical set up and carry out and interpret the results; research training program for students; industry/clinical exposure in healthcare organizations of repute.
General pathology including general neoplasia and immunopathology, systemic pathology, haematology, blood banking including transfusion medicine, cytopathology, chemical pathology and microbiology.
After successful completion of this course, the candidates get access to various hospital based jobs. Diploma holders of this programme may get a chance to work initially as assistants to clinical pathologists and clinical technologists in a wide variety of medical centres and institutions where clinical pathology is performed as main or ancillary task. Candidates can also be recruited are: Cytotechnologist, Mortuary Assistant, Health Care Workers, Forensic Technician and Medical Lab Technician etc.
Candidate shall have passed 10+2 in science stream with physics, chemistry as compulsory subjects along with one of the math/biology. In addition, candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admissions) and personal interview