Duration: 4 Years | Programme Code: 020205
B. Tech. Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme enables you to meet the need of skilled workforce in the area of power systems, power electronics & drives, microprocessors & microcontrollers, digital & analog electronics, PLC & SCADA systems and related areas.
Programme Educational Objectives
- The graduates will have knowledge in the field of electrical and electronics engineering complemented by the appropriate skills and attributes.
- The graduates will ethically apply their knowledge and skills of electrical and electronics engineering with an understanding of realistic constraints for the overall benefit of the society.
- The graduates will work and communicate effectively in inter-disciplinary environment, either independently or in a team, and demonstrate significant leadership qualities.
- The graduates will engage in life-long learning and professional development through self-study, continuing education or graduate and professional studies.
Upon completion of the Electrical and Electronics Engineering programme, students will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and electrical and electronics engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Use current techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for solving electrical and electronics engineering problems.
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory testing in electrical and electronics engineering domain.
- Function on multidisciplinary teams, working cooperatively, respectfully, creatively, and responsibly as a member of a team.
- Design and develop electrical and electronics systems fulfilling desired needs and satisfying practical constraints.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in electrical and electronics engineering practice.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, and graphical means.
- Understand and analyze the impact of electrical and electronics engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context.
- Recognize the need to engage in lifelong learning.
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations and maintenance of systems in the electrical and electronics engineering domain.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members, transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, inter-disciplinary project based learning, state-of-the-art laboratories, exceptional computing facilities, industry interaction and internships, semester abroad programs.
Electric Machines, Signals and Systems, Utilization of Electrical Energy, Power System Analysis, Power System Protection and Switchgear, Digital Image Processing, Measurement and Instrumentation, Control Systems, Embedded Systems, Network Analysis and Synthesis, Digital Signal Processing, Power Electronics and Drives.
Opportunities exist in various areas of electrical systems & components design, manufacturing and maintenance. Electrical power generation, automotive and control industries, mining and allied industries, chemical industry and instrumentation and software industries are some of the areas with employment potential.
10+ 2 from CBSE or equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology /Technical Vocational subject. In addition candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admission) and Personal Interview.