Duration: 5 years | Programme Code: 060403
This course emphasizes on providing an integrated understanding of law in an environment of Financial Management, Business Administration, and other managerial concepts. It also provides necessary knowledge that is a pre-requisite to obtain Bar Council registration and undertaking any traditional law-related business, practice.
Programme Educational Objectives
- To develop a background in fundamental areas of business law.
- To provide students breadth, expertise and a foundation for professional practice.
- To offer several value-added courses and skills that for managing business in a fast evolving global environment.
- To acquire excellent analytical skills, highly demanded by leading law firms.
- Develop a deepened understanding of law in a variety of contexts.
- Critically engage with the role of law in managerial practice.
- Display the ability to deal with different types of legal issues and laws.
- Apply critical and contextual approaches across a wide variety of subject matter.
- Develop the ability to analyze, articulate and write on the subject.
The courses are delivered through lectures and seminar series involving both professor and student presentations. Students prepare for classroom participation through reading and analysis of cases, and their own research. This process develops the knowledge base of students, their thinking and analytical skills, the practical application of theories and doctrine and significantly contributes to the development of general skills in preparation for life and work.
Students can look to the expanding market and professional choices available in a number of fields. Possible career paths include advocacy, research, policy making and services within the corporate houses, public sector and government, community relations, human rights work in development agencies, grassroots advocacy and academia.
10+2 from CBSE or any other equivalent examination. In addition, candidates will also have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and a personal interview.