Qualification Level : Undergraduate
[wptabs style=”wpui-blue” mode=”horizontal”][wptabtitle] YEAR 1[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]BBA – Accounting and Finance – Semester I
|BBA101||Fundamentals of Management Principles and Organisational Behaviour|
|BBA102||Basics of Business Economics|
|BBA103||Accounting for Managers|
|BBA104||Basics of Statistics|
|BBA105||Business Communication and Personality Enhancement I|
|BBA106||Introduction to Computers|
BBA – Accounting and Finance – Semester II
|BBA201||Human Resource Management||Optional Papers (Any one)|
|BBA202||Financial Management||BBO1||Information Systems|
|BBA203||Indian Business Environment||BBO2||Basic Econometrics|
|BBA204||Fundamentals of Marketing Management|
|BBA205||Production and Operations Management|
|BBA206||Business Communication and Personality Enhancement II|
[wptabtitle] YEAR 2[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
|BBA301||Corporate Strategy||Optional Papers (Any one)|
|BBA302||Environment and Disaster Management||BBO3||Financial products|
|BBA303||Project Management||BBO4||Logistics and Transportation Management|
|BBA305||Entrepreneurship and Managing Small Business|
BBA – Accounting and Finance – Semester – 4
|BBA401||Industrial Relations||Optional Papers (Any one)|
|BBA402||Supply Chain Management||BBO5||Retail Management|
|BBA403||Research Methods||BBO6||Computer Networks|
|BBA406||Legal Environment of Business|
[wptabtitle] YEAR 3[/wptabtitle] [wptabcontent]
|BBA501||International Business Management||Optional Papers (Any one)|
|BBA502||Business Communication and Personality Enhancement III||BBO7||Development and Management of Real Estate|
|BBF513||International Finance||BBO8||Service Operations|
|BBF514||Security Analysis and Portfolio Management|
|BBF516||Financial markets and services|
BBA – Accounting and Finance – Semester – 6
|BBA601||Enterprise Resource Planning||Optional Papers (Any one)|
|BBA602||Business Intelligence and Analytics||BBO9||Customer Relationship Management (CRM)|
|BBF613||Income Tax Planning||BBO10||Merchant Banking|
|BBF614||Corporate Analysis and Valuation||BBO11||Leadership|
|BBF615||Management of Financial Institutions|
Qualification Level : Undergraduate
[accordion_content title=”Educational aims: Knowledge, Understanding and Skills”]This degree in Accounting and Finance prepares the students with sound technical knowledge and broad understanding in the area of accounting and finance. It prepares the students for a wide variety of careers in Accounting and Finance. The focus of the degree is on developing the managers of the future
The main objectives of the programme are
- To develop knowledge in the key areas of Accounting and Finance including Financial and Managerial Accounting, Accounting Information system, Taxation, International Finance, Investment Management and Quantitative Finance.
- To have a comprehensive understanding of the specialized areas within Accounting and Finance.
- To prepare students for wide variety of careers in Accounting and Finance.
It is intended that students will also develop the following:
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- A high degree of competence in using information technology and other desirable transferable skills.
- A cultural appreciation through working in multi-cultural teams
- Clear communication, both in writing and verbally
[accordion_content title=”Intended learning outcomes”]On completion of the degree, students will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A Comprehensive understanding of various concepts and processes in the area of Accounting and Finance.
- That they have sound grounding in the Theory and Methodology of Accounting and Finance.
- Programme specific knowledge and understanding.
- That they are professionally competent and up to date in their field of Accounting and Finance.
- That they are able to think critically, analyze and solve problems.
- That they are effective communicators.
- That they posses good interpersonal skills in team work and leadership roles
[accordion_content title=”Learning and Teaching Strategies and Methods”]The main teaching methods will be through lectures, tutorials and group work. There also is an expectation that students will demonstrate the ability to undertake independent study.
[accordion_content title=”Assessment Strategies and Methods”]Knowledge and understanding is assessed in a number of ways.
- End-term Examinations and classroom-based tests assess knowledge, understanding and application of theory and key concepts.
- Individual / Group assignments: They enable the students to apply various accounting and financial theories to practice, involve the collection and analysis of accounting and financial data and in some cases presentations of their work to the class.
- Case studies: They provide the opportunity to explore and apply concepts in a supportive environment and build understanding of the crucial concepts and processes within the subject areas.
The Research Project allows students to draw on and demonstrate an integrated understanding of principles and concepts introduced in the modules[/accordion_content]
[accordion_content title=”Total number of credits required”]48Ãƒâ€”3=144[/accordion_content]
[accordion_content title=”Details of any requirement of internship”]4-weeks of industrial internship[/accordion_content]
[accordion_content title=”Semester-wise module requirements”][/accordion_content]
* Proposed Courses subject to change