GD Goenka Technology Business Incubator (GDGTBI)
GDGTBI has established an Incubation Centre at its campus located at Sohna Road in Gurgaon. It is aimed at being established as the top incubator centres promoted by an Indian university by the Year 2020. Under the aegis of such an incubator service the University shall provide the means & resources to the incubators, so as to help them develop truly innovative technology and business ideas into ventures with potential to impact the lives of people, and help realize so far unfulfilled needs.
To be pre-eminent in fostering entrepreneurship driven initiatives, education and research directed towards the development of economies and societies.
The GD Goenka Technology Business Incubator (GDGTBI) strives to:
- Foster the entrepreneurial ecosystem at GDGU
- Nurture entrepreneurship among students through educational programmes, knowledge generation and mentoring
- Build capacity of institution through training and research
- Make entrepreneurially-driven initiatives by students self sustaining
This program shall be open to students/ faculty of the GDGU, as well as professionals and entrepreneurs willing to try out their individual ideas, products or processes and to develop the idea from conception to production stage.
It will ensure that incubatees have access to technological assistance which will be generated through mentors with multidisciplinary expertise.
The following area/sectors will be the focus
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Financial Services
- Managerial Consultancy Services
- Service Industry
- Fashion and Design
- Media, Public Relations, Event Management and Marketing Communications
- Electricity, New and Renewable Energy and Environmental sustainability
- Health and Pharmaceuticals
- Information & Communication Technology (ICT)
- Manufacturing and Engineering
- Water, Sanitation and Solid Waste Management
Infrastructure and services to be provided to Incubatees
- Office space and infrastructure
- A strong network of technical guidance
- Experienced mentorship
- Knowledge transfer as an outcome of proximity offered due to co-working with other early stage startups, and due to shared real estate facilities
- Access to GDGU existing PR engine to provide enhanced visibility to the prototype / idea
The GDGTBI will additionally mentor the incubatees on areas like:
- Business Case development / Presentation/ Pitch making
- Reverse engineering, rapid prototyping for the invention / discovery
- Crash courses in
▲ Patent filing
▲ Fundraising / Scaling/ monetizing the ideas
▲ Exit strategies – acquisition, selling, valuation methodologies, IPO etc.
▲ Marketing, Legal, HR, Recruitment, finance, accounting, PR, etc.
The incubatees may also sometimes require psychological counselling and means to deal with pressure. The GDGTBI shall, also develop a psychological support system just in case, such a need comes about. In line with university’s culture, GDGTBI will be able to create a vibrant work place, humming with productive energy and activity at all times.
The details of some of the innovations/products/Entrepreneurship initiatives from GDGU students/alumni are:
1. Phonewalaa.com – An e-commerce site, one stop shop for all the smart phone related needs. Currently the weekly sales are 100-300 mobile covers. The company has finalized offline and online distributors to enhance sales. An app and a Universal payment system connected to bank account is also under process. A collaboration with Case Master (Sales Source) has been done. Phonewalaa.com is also collaborating with Instagram handles (@fashioninstadiary, @hercreativepalace, @thegreyhalfway, @missfoodiediaries, @einzinaffair) which have high amounts of followers to boost brand awareness and marketing.
2. Coverdekho.com – Another entrepreneurship venture for customised mobile phone covers, operational in New Delhi.
3. Snackrabbit.in – An online distributor of exotic snacks in the NCR region. It has tie ups with over 100 leading national and international brands some of which include Haldiram’s, Tong Garden, Sofit, Nescafe, Nestle, Mars etc. It delivers all over India.
4. DessertsDaily – A company which home delivers desserts and chocolates
5. Mahalaxmi Enterprises – A manufacturer and supplier of fly ash bricks and red bricks, got registered in 2014. The office is located at dundahera village, old Gurgaon Delhi road and the plant is situated in Rajasthan. Several projects like Ireo project sector 67, DLF project sector 81, Mtech project, cosmos project etc are some of the projects in Haryana and Rajasthan being undertaken by Mahalaxmi enterprises.
6. Endymion Exports Private Ltd – An export house for leather apparels.
7. Krishna Wedding Showroom – An exclusive wedding and party wear located in Khndsa road, Gurgaon. The products from this showroom are also available on shoplclues.com and snapdeal.com.
8. Moonrock Events – An EventManagement Company, got registered in Year 2012 by the name of Moonrock Events. Some of the services provided by Moonrock events are Artist Management Services, Event Planning Services, Event Promotion, event Marketing, Club Openings, Theme parties, road shows etc
9. Scent Studio – Bespoke room freshener and perfumes, operational in Cannaught place, New Delhi. Scent Studio has already applied for a registered trade mark, and managed to have an official sale of 2.5 lacs in the first month of opening. Expecting it to be 35 lacs in the first year.
10. Hire Bazaar – Provides home, office and party rental solutions
11. Onlinepropertymart.com (OPM) : Real estate deals in office, home and farmland
12. EJS Clothing : Operational in Moanda, Democratic Republic of the Congo, EJS clothing is a complete store for Party and wedding dresses on rent. The store is expected to be registered by 2020.
Udyami Bazaar 2016
October is a month of celebrations. It is a month which fills our hearts and spirit with goodness and joy. What better than celebrating this month with fun, fervor and creativity. Hence, Udyami Bazar- an initiative of GDGU which encourages students to put on their entrepreneurial caps and display their business acumen and creativity in an atmosphere of fun and frolic. It’s a platform which promotes entrepreneurial attitude amongst students of GDGU. It also aims at honing their communication, presentation, marketing and managerial skills, giving them a true feel of being an entrepreneur.