Library & Information Resource Center
About the Library & Information Resource Center
G D Goenka University, Library is the soul of the institution and it has an extensive collection of
books, Engineering, Management, Architecture & Planning, Communication, Fashion & Design,
Hospitality, Humanities & Social Sciences, Medical and Allied Sciences, Law and Education and
has a rich reference collection for satisfying the academic and research needs of students and
faculty community. The Library and Information Centre consists a Reference Section, Circulation
Section, Audio-visual Section, Periodical Section, Book Bank and Digital Library. The University
library has automated all its library activitiesthrough Library Software to provide effective and
wide range of academic resources such as books, journals, online databases, DVDs and other
useful materials. GDGU Library & Information Resource Center with its modern collection of
knowledge resources and innovative information services fills an essential role for student,
faculty, and the surrounding community in their intellectual pursuits. It is a hybrid library with
the state-of-the-art technological applications. Users can access the online databases (EResources).The
Library offers widerange of information services to support the learning process
set to the highest professional standards.
Vision & Mission
- GDGU Library & Information Resource Center will be an excellent, modern knowledge resource center to disseminate latest information for teaching, learning and research of the University’s diverse community by providing modern library and information services
- Adopt effective online digital innovative policy, encourage lifelong learning and implement the best management practices
|Monday to Saturday||09.30 A.M to 4.30 P.M|
|Library closed on University Holidays|
Library Collection: at a Glance
Library develops a rich collection with the objective to enrich the knowledge of the GDGU academic community through books,journals, audio-visual materials, CD-ROMs, e-journals, and online databases.
Library & Information Resource Center
The library has a huge collection of Reference and text books. Books are being arranged on open access shelves for easy search and retrieval purposes
Reference Collection: While most books are available for issue, some of the books kept exclusively for reference inside the library purpose. The reference books can be photocopied subject to copyright regulations.
Textbooks Collection: Library & Information Resource Center has a wide collection of national and International new and latest edition of textbooks.Books are organized and arranged according to Dewey decimal classification scheme.
General Book Collection: Library & Information Resource Center also has an impressive number of light reading collections that include literature, sports, fiction and selfdevelopment books for improving the reading habits among the students
News Paper Collection: Library & Information Resource Center is subscribing daily newspapers both in English and Hindi languages to satisfy the needs of all types of user community.
Print Journals: Library & Information Resource Center is subscribing 60 National & International Print Journals for the academic and research needs of the GDGU academic community.
Magazines: Library & Information Resource Center has been subscribing a good number of magazines both in English and Hindi languages and subject periodicals to satisfy the academic and reference needs of both student and faculty community.
Reports: The library has a separate collection of various reports, conference proceedings, dissertations and Project reports of various Institutes.
Audio & Visual collection: The Library has a rich Audio &Visual collection ofeducational and Recreational DVDs &CDs.
Online Catalogue: The online bibliography database of the University library can access through internet for checking particular titles by author’s name, keyword or title. Library catalogue has been computerized through automated library software package. Library catalogue can also be searched using a common web browser from any terminal located in the campus.
Reservation of the Documents: Users may reserve the desired book,can contact at Circulation Counter for reservation of the books.
Xerox Facility: Xeroxing facility is available for users of the University at nominal cost of Rs. 1.00 per page.
Library has also acquired Institutional Memberships of DELNET: Developing Library Network.The Library arranges books and journal articles from other libraries in Delhi on Inter Library Loan (ILL). Photocopies of research articles are also arranged from other IITs under a resource sharing agreement signed by all IITs. The Library also facilitates Demand based procurement of research publications, photocopies of research articles, etc. from other IITs and institutions in Delhi as well as from other parts of India on reciprocal basis.
Document procurement services can be made available from DELNET delivery services(www.delnet.nic.in) if the user is willing to bear the expenses (e.g. Postal charges, Photocopy charges, etc.) involved.
Library is Institutional member of Shodhganga. Shodhgangais the name coined to denote digital repository of Indian Electronic Theses and Dissertations set-up by the INFLIBNET Centre. The word “Shodh” originates from Sanskrit and stands for research and discovery. The “Ganga” is the holiest, largest and longest of all rivers in Indian subcontinent. The Ganga is the symbol of India’s age-long culture and civilization, ever-changing, ever-flowing, ever-loved and revered by its people, and has held India’s heart captive and drawn uncounted millions to her banks since the dawn of history. Shodhganga stands for the reservoir of Indian intellectual output stored in a repository hosted and maintained by the INFLIBNET Centre.
Entry in Library admission shall be granted to the members of the library provided that
- Each member shall sign the gate register in token of his acceptance to adhere to the
rules of the library.
- Each student shall be required to produce the Identity Card on demand.
- The member should not under the influence of intoxicants.
- The member shall be properly dressed.
- The member shall not carry any belongings except money purse, note book and identity
cards inside the Library.
- Library Attendant at the check counter is empowered to examine everything that passes
into/out of the library.
- The member should keep silence within the library.
- The member should not smoke nor spit in the library.
- The member should not misbehave nor damage the documents or other properties of
- Library documents taken out for consultation from shelves should not be restored to the
shelves; they should be left on the reading tables in the library.
General Rules & Regulations
- While entering the library except laptops, readers are not allowed to carry their personal belongings (bags, brief-cases, parcels etc.) and eatable items (biscuits, cookies, fruits, chocolates, cold drinks, tea/coffee, etc.). Their belongings should be deposited at the security counter.
- Always carry your library membership card when you visit the library, failing so will forbid your entry to library.
- Use of cell phone and smoking inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Library’s photocopying services are fee based and the users must comply with relevant copyright legislation.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged with the full replacement cost of damaged material and may lead to suspension of library account and be barred from entering the library.
- Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way
- Users of the library should note that all e-resources subscribed are licensed materials and cannot be shared with outside community as it may lead to copyright/license violation.
- Readers are requested to handle the Library property carefully to avoid damage.
- Readers leaving the library should allow the library/security staff to examine their personal belongings.
- Readers are required to leave their belongings, like umbrellas, files, books etc. at the Property Counter. The library staff at the Circulation Counter is authorized to examine everything that passes into or out of the Library.
- Users can bring only note-book or paper inside the Library.
- The library rules and regulations shall be modified from time to time and shall be binding in all concerned.
- In the event of any doubt or dispute arising in the interpretation of these rules, the decision of the Chairman of the Library Committee shall be final
- The Library is not responsible for any loss of personal belongings. All files, books, and notebooks must be presented to the security guard at the checkpoint for inspection while leaving the Library. Library does not permit any exception in the observance of this rule.
- Reference Documents like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Year Books, Journals (Loose & Bound), Theses, Project Reports, Census, Handbooks will not be issued out.
- Books and bound volumes should be handled with great care. Please avoid keeping the volumes open on the table or putting with their faces down, or inserting note books or pencils in between the pages and closing them. Pages must not be folded to serve as book marks.
- Books loaned should be protected from RAIN, DUST, INSECTS, etc. Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged with the full replacement cost of damaged material and may lead to suspension of library account and be barred from entering the library.
- Theftis a serious offense and appropriate action will be taken against offenders.
- Chairs and tables should not be disturbed from their position.
- Digital Library is to be used for academic purposes only. Online Chatting in the Digital Library is not allowed.
- Browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited. Strict disciplinary action will be taken against the defaulters. Playing games on computers is strictly prohibited in the entire Library premises.
The online bibliography database of the University library can access through internet for checking particular titles by author’s name, keyword or title. Web Opac
Web OPACThe online bibliography database of the University library can access through internet for checking particular titles by author’s name, keyword or title. Web Opac
Number of books entitlement
|(1). Faculty Members: 7Books: 120 Days||(2). Staff Members: 2Books: 15 Days|
|(3). Ph.D. Students: 5 Books: 30 Days.||(4). PostGraduatesStudents: 5 Books: 15 Days|
|(5). Under Graduates Students: 3Books. 15 Days.||(6) Visiting Faculty: 2 Books: 7 Days.|
Faculty and Students: One book for overnight
Periodicals and Serials:
periodicals and serials can be issued to Faculty and Students for overnight.
Not to be issued to Students.
Theses, dissertations, books of plates, rare books, books out of print, reprints, microfilms, reference books of general nature such as encyclopedia, almanacs, directories, hand books, reports, pamphlets, technical bulletins shall not be issued for home reading and can be consulted in the library.
Books shall be loaned subject to the following conditions:
- Borrower should get satisfied that the library document lent is in sound condition and the pages are neither missing nor torn. In case a library document is found to be damaged and the same has not been reported to the Library Attendant, the borrower shall be held responsible for such damage (s) and the borrower shall be required to replace it or pay the value there of as determined by the Librarian.
- Library document should not be spoiled by underlining or writing with pen, pencil, ink, or by any other means.
- Library document loaned for the normal period may be renewed for one more loan period on production of the same provided they are not already claimed by other readers.
- Library document is non-transferable,norshall any member borrow library documents(s) on other member’s account.
Fines and Penalties:
1. The following charges shall be recovered for each library document retained more than the period of loan from the borrower as per the library rules.
Books lost: The member shall report immediately to the Librarian loss of any library document(s) borrowed from the library. Chargeswill be recovered for the loss of library document(s) as per the Library rule and regulation.
Damage or Mutilation: Replacement or repairs or the cost of the document plus fine up
Print Journals & Magazines
All India reporter
Anweshika: Journal of teacher education
Apparel online magazine
Architecture: time space & people
ASCI journal of management
Asia pacific media educator
Asian economic review
Asian Journal of management cases
Bhartiya adhunik shiksha
Clean and hygiene review
Communicator: Indian institute of mass communication
Corporate India (fortune India)
Corporate law advisor
Criminal law journal
Dalal street investment Journal
Down to earth
Economic & political weekly
Education and society
Education and welfare
Education for all
Food and beverage business review
Food and beverage news
Harvard business review
Hotel business review
IIMB management review
Images business of fashion
Indian bar review
Indian educational review
Indian Journal of chemistry section ‘A’
Indian Journal of chemistry section ‘B’
Indian Journal of economics and business
Indian Journal of experimental biology
Indian Journal of industrial relation
Indian Journal of natural products and resource
Indian Journal of pharmaceutical education and research
Indian Journal of pharmaceutics
Indian Journal of pharmacology
Indian Journal of teacher education
International Journal of advances drug delivery
International Journal of advances in pharmacological sciences
International Journal of pharmaceutical sciences and education research
International Journal of pharmacy and technology
International Journal of pure and applied chemistry
Journal of educational planning and administration
Journal of Indian education
Journal of intellectual property rights
Journal of landscape architecture
Labour law reporter
Mgs: modern green structures and architecture
Mims India (monthly index of medical specialties)
NBM & CW (new building materials & construction world)
Outlook money magazine
Print and publishing
South Asia economic journal
South Asian Journal of management
Supreme court cases
The Architectural review
The Indian journal of hospital pharmacy
The Management accountant
Thoughts of education
Journals, Conference Publications & Newsletters
- D Goenka Journal of Applied Psychology
- G D Goenka Business Review
- G D Goenka UNI-BUZZ
- G D Goenka G-FLASH
- G D Goenka National & International Conference Publications
- G D Goenka HOSPITALIER LE CORDON BLEU
- G D Goenka PERSPICAZ
Library is subscribing more than 29450 e-journals and magazines National and International in full-text through the online databases especially for the academic and research needs of the GDGU academic community.
Open Access E-Resources
This resource guide serves as gateway to various resources available under the Open Access Initiative. Millions of Open Access Resources are available in various forms and types such as ejournals, e-books, Electronic Theses & Dissertations, Directories, e-print archives, digital repositories, open education resources, search engines and blogs etc. All these resources are scholarly and useful to support our academic and research work and are available on the web. Most of these being free, can be accessed without any restrictions at the user end. Resources listed here are mainly on the web, except few, which are part of library collection. This resource guide, enable you to access at one point, a large number of national and international scholarly resources and by no means is a comprehensive list, but serves as a useful starting point. We strive to add newer resources and keep the entire range of resource lists updated from time to time. We request your active participation in making this resource guide as useful starting point for scholarly resources and request for your comments and suggestions.
Databases, e books.
Wiley Publication Online:
- The Depositional Record
- Earth and Space Science [from 11920 onwards]
- Earth’s Future[from 2013 onwards]
- Energy Science and Engineering[from 2013 onwards]
- Evidence-based Preclinical Medecine[from 2014 onwards]
- Food and Energy Security[from 2012 onwards]
- Food Science and Nutrition [from 2013 onwards]
- GEO: Geography and Environment[from 2014 onwards]
- Geoscience Data Journal [from 2014 onwards]
Elsevier/ Science Direct:
- Ampersand: An International Journal of General and Applied Linguistics
- Analytical Chemistry Research
- Aquaculture Reports
- Atención Primaria
- Burnout Research[from 2014 onwards]
- Climate Risk Management[from 2014 onwards]
- Energy Reports
- Environmental Nanotechnology, Monitoring and Management
- GeoResJ[from 2014 onwards]
- Giornale Italiano di Endodonzia[from 2011 onwards]
- Global Ecology and Conservation[from 2014 onwards]
- Internet Interventions[from 2014 onwards]
- Journal of Hydrology: Regional Studies[from 2014 onwards]
- Journal of Materials Research and Technology[from 2012 onwards]
- Meta Gene[from 2013 onwards]
- MethodsX[from 2014 onwards]
- Nuclear Materials and Energy
- Operations Research Perspectives[from 2014 onwards]
- Sustainable Materials and Technologies[from 2014 onwards]
- Weather and Climate Extremes[from 2013 onwards]
- Water Resources and Industry[from 2013 onwards]
- The Lancet Global Health[from 2014 onwards]
- Journal of Applied Logic[from 2003-2010]
- Stochastic Processes and their Applications[from 1973-2010]
Chemical Sciences Repository is a non-commercial subject specific Open Access repository for chemistry papers, hosting Green and Gold Open Access (OA) papers and linking back to the Publisher’s Article of Record. It is managed by Royal Society of Chemistry.
CogPrints is an archive for self-archive papers in any area of Psychology, Neuroscience, and Linguistics, and many areas of Computer Science, Philosophy, Biology, Medicine, Anthropology as well as any other portions of the physical, social and mathematical sciences that are pertinent to the study of cognition. It is managed by the School of Electronics and Computer Sciences, University of Southampton.
The Cryptology ePrint Archive is an electronic archive of new results in the field of cryptography, maintained by the International Association for Cryptologic Research. It
contains articles covering many of the most recent advances in cryptography.
E-Print Network is e-print initiated by Science Accelerator. It includes preprints, reprints, technical reports, conference publications or other means of electronic communication.
The Education Resources Information Center (ERIC) is an electronic archive of education research and information. ERIC is sponsored by the Institute of Education Sciences of the United States Department of Education.
hprints is an archive for electronic preprints of papers in the fields of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. It is a collaboration between Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS) and a consortium of Nordic university libraries.
eprintweb.org is an e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, and quantitative biology, and consists of e-print records which can be browsed and searched. It offers enhanced features in navigation, searching, personalization and presentation. It also introduces reference linking across the entire content, and enhanced searching on all key fields, including institutional address.
An electronic archive for research papers in Mathematical Physics and related areas. It is hosted by Mathematics Department, University of Texas at Austin.
Organic Eprints is an international open access archive for papers and projects related to research in organic food and farming. It jointly supported by International Centre for Research in Organic Food Systems, Geschäftsstelle Bundesprogramm Ökologischer Landbau in der Bundesanstalt für Landwirtschaft und Ernährung and Research Institute of Organic Agriculture.
PhilSci-Archive is an electronic archive for preprints in the subject area of “philosophy of science”. The said archive is managed by University of Pittsburgh.
RePEc (Research Papers in Economics) is a collaborative effort of volunteers in Economics and related sciences. It covers over 1,600 archives from 80 countries have contributed about 1.4 million research pieces from 1,800 journals and 3,800 working paper series.
The Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is an open access repository of scholarly research in the social sciences and humanities. SSRN is composed of a number of specialized research networks including Economics, Financial Economics and Legal Scholarship. The SSRN contains abstracts for scholarly articles, working papers and forthcoming papers, as well as over 390,000 downloadable full-text documents.
The Solar Physics E-Print Archive is an on-line, searchable archive of links to on-line preprints and unpublished work of broad interest to researchers in solar and heliospheric physics. It is managed by Solar Physics Group at Montana State University.
It is an alternative e-print archive to the arXiv.org. It contains over 6000 plus e-prints in Science and Mathematics.
Indian Open Access Repositories
Directory of Indian Institutional Repository
- CSIR Central
- Institutional Repository at Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
- Institutional Repository at Department of Science and Technology (DST)
- Science Central
Individual Institutions Repository
- CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Biology
- CSIR-NAL Institutional Repository
- Indian Institute of Astrophysics Digital Repository
- IIT Bombay Repository
- IIT Gandhinagar Repository
- Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- National Institute of Technology (NIT) Rourkela
- National Physical Laboratory (NPL)
- RRI Digital Repository
Open Research Data Repository
Open Access Library
Computers Science & Information Technology
Hospitality Cooking, Food &Wine
MedicalBooks (Full Text Books)
Online Educational Videos
Creating Digital-learning Environment for Design
National Law School Article Index
Theses and Dissertatio
DART-Europe E-theses Portal
DiVA – Academic Archive Online
Global Open Access Portal
Ohio Link ETD Centre
Online Patent Databa
MIT Open Courseware:
National Institutes and Universities
International Institutes And Universities
Open Access Encyclopedia
- Encyclopedia Astronautica
- Encyclopedia of Earth
- Encyclopedia of Mathematics
- Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- New World Encyclopedia
- Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- The On-Line Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences® (OEIS®)
- To browse the more list of Internet Encyclopedias click here
Open Access Directories
Plagiarism Checking Service
Library offers Plagiarism Checking Service research scholars can check originality and plagiarism prevention web tool which allows researchers to compare their contents against the massive databases to ensure the work is original before submission. Plagiarism Detection Tools which are free are listed below:
- ABC Chemistry
- ActaOto-Laryngologica Case Reports
- Advanced Device Materials
- Advanced Manufacturing: Polymer & Composites Science
- Advances in Cellular and Molecular Otolaryngology
- Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science
- Advances in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Advances in Physics: X
- Advances in Regenerative Biology
- Ajis : Australian Journal of Information Systems
- Annals of the Faculty of Engineering Hunedoara
- Architecture Commons
- Archives of Civil Engineering
- Archives of Electrical Engineering
- Archives of Metallurgy and Materials
- Astronomical Review
- Atmospheric and Oceanic Science Letters
- Australian Journal of Emergency Management
- Baltic Journal of Economics
- Bharatiya Vaigyanikevam Audyogik Anusandhan Patrika
- Bioline International
- Biotechnology & Biotechnological Equipment
- Brain. Broad Research in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience
- Bulletin of Applied Computing and Information Technology
- BVICAM’s International Journal of Information Technology
- Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology
- Canadian Journal of Pain/Revue canadienne de ladouleur
- Case Reports in Plastic Surgery and Hand Surgery
- Catalysis, Structure & Reactivity
- Cell Communication & Adhesion
- CFD Letters
- Chemical Speciation & Bioavailability
- Chemistry & Chemical Engineering Database
- Chicago Journal of Theoretical Computer Science
- Church, Communication and Culture
- Circuits and Systems:
- Clinical Lipidology
- Cogent Arts & Humanities
- Cogent Biology
- Cogent Business & Management
- Cogent Chemistry
- Cogent Economics & Finance
- Cogent Education
- Cogent Engineering
- Cogent Environmental Science
- Cogent Food & Agriculture
- Cogent Geoscience
- Cogent Mathematics
- Cogent Medicine
- Cogent Physics
- Cogent Psychology
- Cogent Social Sciences
- Communicative & Integrative Biology
- Complex Metals
- Computer Assisted Surgery
- Computer Science and Information Systems :
- Crosstalk : Journal of Defense Software Engineering
- CyTA – Journal of Food
- Database Systems Journal
- Designed Monomers and Polymers
- Development Studies Research
- Diabetic Foot & Ankle
- Directory of Open Access Journals
- Drug Delivery
- Economic Research
- Education Inquiry
- Electronic Journal of IT in Construction
- Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering
- Electronic Proceedings in Theoretical Computer Science
- Electronic Transactions on Numerical Analysis
- Elektrika : Journal of Electrical Engineering
- Endocrine Disruptors
- Energy and Policy Research
- Engineering Applications of Computational Fluid Mechanics
- eScholarship Repository
- Ethics & Global Politics
- European Clinical Respiratory Journal
- European Journal of General Practice
- European Journal of Psych traumatology
- European Journal of Remote Sensing
- First Monday
- Food & Nutrition Research
- Forensic Sciences Research
- Frontiers in Life Science
- Geology, Ecology, and Landscapes
- Geometrics, Natural Hazards and Risk
- Geo-spatial Information Science
- Geospatial World
- Global Bioethics
- Global Health Action
- Global Health Communication
- Global Security: Health, Science and Policy
- Green Chemistry Letters and Reviews
- Health Psychology and Behavioral Medicine
- Higher Education Pedagogies
- ICGST International Journal on Graphics, Vision and Image Processing
- Indian Academy of Science
- Indian Journal of Biotechnology
- Indian Journal of Chemistry, Sec A
- Indian Journal of Chemistry, Sec B
- Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences
- Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences
- Indian Journal of Engineering & Materials Sciences
- Indian Journal of Experimental Biology
- Indian Journal of Fiber& Textile Research
- Indian Journal of Geo-Marine Sciences
- Indian Journal of Geosciences
- Indian Journal of Natural Products and Resources
- Indian Journal of Pure and Applied Physics
- Indian Journal of Radio and Space Physics
- Indo-Pacific Journal of Phenomenology
- Infection Ecology & Epidemiology
- Information Technologies and International Development
- INTECH – Open Access e-journals
- International Biomechanics
- International Journal of Adolescence and Youth
- International Journal of Advanced Information Technology
- International Journal of Applied Engineering Research
- International Journal of Biodiversity Science, Ecosystem Services & Management
- International Journal of Circumpolar Health
- International Journal of Electronics, Computer and Communications Technologies
- International Journal of Information Security Science:
- International Journal of Optomechatronics
- International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Health and Well-being
- International Journal of Smart and Nano Materials
- International Journal of Thermodynamics
- Internet Journal of Science
- Italian Journal of Animal Science
- JIDEG : Journal of Industrial Design and Engineering Graphics
- Jordan Journal of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
- Journal of Aesthetics & Culture
- Journal of Applied Animal Research
- Journal of Applied Fluid Mechanics
- Journal of Artificial Intelligence Research:
- Journal of Bioengineering & Biomedical Science:
- Journal of Biological Dynamics
- Journal of Community Hospital Internal Medicine Perspectives
- Journal of Drug Assessment
- Journal of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes of South Africa
- Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry
- Journal of European Continuing Medical Education
- Journal of Experimental Nanoscience
- Journal of Extracellular Vesicles
- Journal of Freshwater Ecology
- Journal of Human Transcriptome
- Journal of Immunotoxicology
- Journal of Information and Telecommunication
- Journal of Information Display
- Journal of Information Security:
- Journal of Integrative Environmental Sciences
- Journal of International Council on Electrical Engineering
- Journal of Maps
- Journal of Market Access & Health Policy
- Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology
- Journal of Microwaves and Optoelectronics
- Journal of Microwaves, Optoelectronics and Electromagnetic Applications
- Journal of Oral Microbiology
- Journal of Organic Semiconductors
- Journal of Plant Interactions
- Journal of Scientific and Industrial
- Journal of Scientific Temper
- Journal of Statistics Education
- JournalTOCs –
- K?tuitui: New Zealand Journal of Social Sciences Online
- Letters in Biomathematics
- Libyan Journal of Medicine
- Liquid Crystals Today
- London Journal of Primary Care
- Marine and Coastal Fisheries
- Materials Research
- Materials Research Letters
- Medical Education Online
- Microbial Ecology in Health and Disease
- Mitochondrial DNA Part B
- Nano Reviews & Experiments
- Nano composites
- Neotropical Biodiversity
- Nordic Journal of ChildLit Aesthetics
- Nordic Journal of Studies in Educational Policy
- OJAS – Open Journal Access System
- OMICS International Journals:
- Open Archives (India) – Open Access Journals
- Open Courseware
- Open Review of Educational Research
- Pathobiology of Aging & Age-related Diseases
- Pharmaceutical Biology
- Plant Production Science
- Polar Research
- Policy and Society
- Production & Manufacturing Research
- Psychiatry and Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Regional Studies, Regional Science
- Renal Failure
- Reproductive Health Matters
- Research in Hospitality Management
- Research in Learning Technology
- RMLE Online
- SAHARA-J: Journal of Social Aspects of HIV/AIDS
- Scandinavian Journal of Primary Health Care
- Science and Technology of Advanced Materials
- Science and Technology of Advanced Materials
- Science Direct Open Access Articles
- Science Direct Open Access Journals
- Science Reporter
- Society, Health & Vulnerability
- Socioaffective Neuroscience & Psychology
- South African Family Practice
- South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- Southern African Journal of Anaesthesia and Analgesia
- Southern African Journal of Gynaecological Oncology
- Southern African Journal of Infectious Diseases
- STAR: Science & Technology of Archaeological Research
- Statistics and Public Policy
- Systems Science & Control Engineering
- Tellus A: Dynamic Meteorology and Oceanography
- Tellus B: Chemical and Physical Meteorology
- The African Journal of Information Systems,
- The European Zoological Journal
- The New Scientist
- The Open Electrical & Electronic Engineering Journal:
- The Open Journal of Mechanical Engineering:
- Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Toxicology Communications
- Transactions on Electrical and Electronic Materials
- Translational Developmental Psychiatry
- Upsala Journal of Medical Sciences
- Urban, Planning and Transport Research
- Veterinary Quarterly
- Census Data (2000) via American FactFinder
- Census Data (1990)
- Child Abuse, Child Welfare & Adoption Database
- Population Index on the Web
- SciTech Connect – Energy Citations Database
- Social Science Research Network e-library
- TRIS [Transportation Research Information Service]
- ASI Unit Level Data (ICSSR data service)
- Census of India
- Central Water Commission
- Economic and social data service
- Forschungszentrum Julich (Technologies for Research and society)
- Free Economic Data
- Global Development Finance
- Global Economic Monitor
- IMF Data
- RBI Database
- NSS Data (ICSSR data service)
- Database on Indian Economy – RBI’s Data Warehouse
- Intellectual Property Digital Library / WIPO
- Accounting and Finance Research
- American Journal of Economics and Business Administration:
- International Journal of Marketing Studies:
- Journal of Entrepreneurship & Organization Management:
- Modern Economy
- Legal Information Institute of India – Free, independent and non-profit access to Indian law
- OPEC (Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries)
- Open Knowledge Repository
- Openagri : An open Access Agriculture Research Repository
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U.S. Energy Information Administration
- UN Data
- WHO – Data and statistics
- WHO – Global Database on Body Mass Index
- World Bank Data
- World Development Indicators
Legal Information Institutes
Guidelines for Fair Use of e-Resources
Electronic resources such as e-journals, e-databases, e-books made available by the Library for academic use. These resources can be searched, browsed and material may be downloaded and printed as single copies of articles as is done in the case of printed library material. Downloading or printing of a complete book or an entire issue or a volume of one or more journals (called systematic downloading) is strictly prohibited.
For any query / suggestions, please contact us at : Email: email@example.com ,Ph. 124 – 3315900, Extn. 4101,Ph. 124 – 3315900, Extn. 3137,
- 25 Research Fellowships in the CeADAR Centre, Ireland (PG)
- Abdul Kalam Technology Innovation National Fellowship (PG)
- Acumen-India-Fellows-Application-2018 (UG/PG)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) fellowships (UG/PG)
- ASCO Numatics Industrial Automation engineering scholarships (PG)
- DOE NNSA Stewardship Science Graduate Fellowship (UG/PG)
- Fulbright Kalam Climate Fellowship for Doctoral Research (PG)
- Fulbright-Nehru Doctoral Research Fellowships (PG)
- Fulbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowships (PG)
- Gandhi Fellowship 2018 (PG)
- Germany & Denmark Doctoral Fellowships for European Doctoral School of Demography 2018 (PG)
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in USA for International Students (PG)
- Hungary MTA Premium International Postdoctoral Research Fellowships 2018 (PG)
- IBM Ph.D. Fellowship Program (PG)
- Indo-US fellowship for women in STEMM (PG)
- James Madison Graduate Fellowships (PG)
- J C Bose National Fellowship (UG/PG)
- Khorana Program for scholars (UG/PG)
- LMU Postdoctoral Fellowship at MCMP in Germany, 2018 (PG)
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Minority Students (PG)
- Mellon foundation fellowships (UG/PG)
- Postdoctoral Fellowships at IBEC Best Programme in Spain, 2018 (PG)
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship (UG/PG)
- Ravi Sankaran Fellowship Programme (UG/PG)
- Sir Ratan Tata Post-Doctoral Fellowship (PG)
- The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) STAR Graduate Fellowship Program (UG/PG)
- The National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship (NSF-GRFP) (UG/PG)
- The Philip and Marsha Dowd Engineering Seed Fund (UG/PG)
- The Young India Fellowship (UG/PG)
- VIF Fellowship 2018-21 (UG/PG)
Arachne is the central Object database of the German Archaeological Institute (DAI) and the Archaeological Institute of the University of Cologne. Arachne is intended to provide archaeologists and Classicists with a free internet research tool for quickly searching hundreds of thousands of records on objects and their attributes
BASE is one of the world’s most voluminous search engines especially for academic open access web resources. BASE is operated by Bielefeld University Library.
ChemSpider is a free chemical structure database providing fast text and structure search access to over 30 million structures from hundreds of data sources.
ChemXSeer is an integrated digital library and database allowing for intelligent search of
documents in the chemistry domain and data obtained from chemical kinetics.
Citeseerx is a scientific literature digital library and search engine that focuses primarily on the literature in computer and information science. Citeseerx aims to improve the dissemination of scientific literature and to provide improvements in functionality, usability, availability, cost, comprehensiveness, efficiency, and timeliness in the access of scientific and scholarly knowledge.
CEDB is a free bibliographic database offering over 200,000 records of all publications by American Society of Civil Engineers. It is updated at the end of each month. The update includes the journal content for the following month and all other content published in the previous month.
CORE (COnnectingREpositories) aims to facilitate free access to scholarly publications distributed across many systems. As of today, CORE gives you access to millions of scholarly articles aggregated from many Open Access repositories.
The DBLP server provides bibliographic information on major computer science journals and proceedings. Initially the server was focused on DataBase systems and Logic Programming (DBLP), now it is gradually being expanded toward other fields of computer science.
DOAJ is an online directory that indexes and provides access to quality open access, peer-reviewed journals.
DOAB provides open access to over 854 Academic peer-reviewed books from 25 publishers.
Provides a digital library of education-related resources.Contains over 1.1 million citations covering research documents, journal articles, technical reports, program descriptions and evaluations, and curricular materials in the field of education.Also includes more than 107,000 full text non-journal documents indexed by the ERIC database. Approximately one-half of the entries in the ERIC database are to ERIC documents.
PubMed Central is a free digital database of full-text scientific literature in biomedical and life sciences.
Google Scholar is a freely accessible web search engine that indexes the full text of scholarly literature across an array of publishing formats and disciplines.
Indian Science Abstracts (ISA) is database which covers the abstracts of scientific work done in India since 1965. Original research articles short communications, review articles, and informative articles published in current Scientific and technical periodicals, as well as Indian standards and thesis are reported in ISA. It is a leading abstracting database in India covering entire spectrum of Science and Technology including Intellectual Property Rights, Management and Library & Information Science.
Ingentaconnect lets you search and browse over 9,610 publications.
Microsoft Academic Search is a free academic search engine developed by Microsoft Research. It covers more than 48 million publications and over 20 million authors across a variety of domains with updates added each week.
OALib consists of a Search Engine, based on a database with metadata of Open Access (OA) papers, a Journal with OALib Articles, Index with metadata entries of external OA journal articles, and the Repository with own OALib PrePrints as well as external preprints and postprints, all stored in one of the 322 OALib Disciplinary Repositories
PubMed comprises more than 23 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
POPLINE provides access to 370,000 carefully selected publications and resources related to family planning and reproductive health
As a digital scientific library, INIST-CNRS has been helping researchers, engineers and information professionals with their work for the past 20 years by providing access to, referencing, distributing and archiving information.Has53 million indexed records of articles, books, conference proceedings in the fields of science, technology, medicine, Humanities and Social Sciences. The articles come from 178,000 different journals. 400,000 monographs are listed.
ROAD: Directory of Open Access scholarly Resources, is a service offered by the ISSN International Centre with the support of the Communication and Information Sector of UNESCO. Launched as a beta version on 16th December 2013, ROAD will be developped during 2014 (extension of the coverage, additional features…).
Social Science Research Network (SSRN) is devoted to the rapid worldwide dissemination of social science research and is composed of a number of specialized research networks in each of the social sciences.
OAIster is a union catalog of millions of records representing open access resources that was built by harvesting from open access collections worldwide using the Open Archives Initiative Protocol for Metadata Harvesting (OAI-PMH). Today, OAIster includes more than 30 million records representing digital resources from more than 1,500 contributors.
Wolfram | Alpha is an engine for computing answers and providing knowledge. It works by using its vast store of expert-level knowledge and algorithms to automatically answer questions, do analysis, and generate reports.
WorldCat: the World’s Largest Library Catalog
WorldCat is the world’s largest network of library content and services. WorldCat libraries are dedicated to providing access to their resources on the Web, where most people start their search for information.
AERADE is a Gateway for aerospace and defence devised and maintained by information
professionals at Cranfield University Library and the Royal Military College of Science
Chemdex is a directory of Chemistry established on 1993. It is maintained by Sheffield
University. This directory covers topics on Chemistry: chemistry branches, like environmental chemistry, universities, institutes, agencies, companies, databases, institutions, software etc.
ChemWeb provides access to the information chemists need to enhance their research,
product development, self-development, education, and/or their businesses in Chemistry and related disciplines. Easy access to abstracts, papers, journals, books, conferences news, forums and the Alchemist newsletter makes ChemWeb.com powerful and useful to our members.
DMOZ: The Open Directory Project is the largest, most comprehensive human-edited
directory of the Web.It is constructed and maintained by a passionate, global community of volunteer editors. It was historically known as the Open Directory Project (ODP).
Eldis is an online information service providing free access to relevant, up-to-date and diverse research on international development issues. Eldis includes over 30,000 summaries and links to free full-text research and policy documents from over 8,000 publishers. Each document is selected by the team of editors for maintaining relevance and quality.
INFOMINE is a virtual library of Internet resources relevant to faculty, students, and
research staff at the university level. It contains useful Internet resources such as
databases, electronic journals, electronic books, bulletin boards, mailing lists, online library card catalogs, articles, directories of researchers, and many other types of information.
ipl2 is a public service organization and a learning/teaching environment and it the first
public library of and for the Internet community. Started as an an experiment, now trying to discover and promote the most effective roles and contributions of librarians to the Internet and vice versa. A group of highly talented, creative, strong-willed people, working hard for collecting, organising and providing access to Internet based resources.
Intute is a free online service that helps you to find the best web resources for your studies and research. Intute is the internet Guide to Engineering, Mathematics, Computing, Agriculture, Law, Physical Science, Social Science, Mangagement, Biological Science, Geography, Medicine and many more.With millions of resources available on the Internet, it can be difficult to find useful material. We have reviewed and evaluated thousands of resources to help you choose key websites in your subject.
SciCentral provides aggregated breaking science research news from the most reputable and
reliable sources.SciCentral is a gateway to thousands of online resources, grouped by science area (Biological, Health, Engineering, Physical & Chemical, etc.) and then subdivided by resource type (directories, specialized resources, databases, special reports, articles).
Science Accelerator is a gateway to science, including R&D results, project descriptions,
accomplishments, and more, via resources from the Office of Scientific and Technical
Information (OSTI), U.S. Department of Energy.
Scout Research Group (Scout) has focused on developing better tools and services for
finding, filtering, and presenting online information and metadata. Scout has access to highly educated content specialists and a world-class array of computer science and library resources.
TechXtra is a free service which can help you find articles, books, the best websites, the latest industry news, job announcements, technical reports, technical data, full text e-prints,
the latest research, thesis & dissertations, teaching and learning resources and more, in engineering, mathematics, and computing.
Vifamath, the Virtual Library of Mathematics is the central access point for your search for
mathematical information. It allows to search both for conventional forms of media and for electronic resources.
WorldWideScience.org is a global science gateway comprised of national and international
scientific databases and portals. WorldWideScience.org accelerates scientific discovery and progress by providing one-stop searching of databases from around the world. Multilingual WorldWideScience.org provides real-time searching and translation of globally-dispersed multilingual scientific literature.
The WWW Virtual Library (VL) is the oldest catalogue of the Web. It is individual indexes live
on hundreds of different servers around the world.