G D Goenka University’s School of Management conducted the International Conference on The Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Enabling and nurturing sustainable ventures (ICEE)2021 from 19th To 20th March 2021 virtually and the theme focussed on the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
The Day 1 event kicked off with the Saraswathi Vandana followed by Welcome Address by Conference Chairperson Dr. Suneel Arora. The honourable President of G D Goenka University, Prof. Dr Suku Bhaskaran and the respected Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Tabrez Ahmed gave the Inaugural Address. Dr Bhaskaran appreciated the initiative taken by SOM for the conference and the theme of the conference and Dr. Tabrez Ahmed threw light on how important entrepreneurship is for the economy.
The keynote speakers were Dr. Adela Mc. Murray & Dr. Ali Iftikhar Choudhary. Dr. Adela elaborated on the topic ‘The Entrepreneurial Ecosystem: Enabling to Nurture Sustainable Ventures’, while Dr. Choudhary spoke about the SME Ventures and Design Leadership. Both the distinguished speakers focused on the workplace leadership and its need and importance.
The conference further continued with a panel discussion. The theme of the first panel discussion was about Framework conditions for Entrepreneurial Ecosystems. The speakers included various Professors of renowned Universities:
- Dr. Harini Mittal, Assistant Professor, City University, New York
- Dr. Raman Gujral, Professor and Director, Department of Projects (Corporates) Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Mr. Rajat Dang, Founder and Director, OLA Travesl Inc. Canada
- Dr. Shalini Taneja, Associate Professor of Economics and Business Policy FORE School of Management, India
- Dr. Sapna Popli, Professor of Marketing, IMT, Ghaziabad
The moderator for the discussion was Dr. Sudipta Sen Gupta.
The first panel discussion explored that how formal institutions would help in entrepreneurial ecosystem. The speakers elaborated on how various business incubators help in promoting ideas and expanding entrepreneurial mindset. A desire needed to expand beyond educational institutions.
The conference further continued with the paper presentations in two separate Tracks on Day 1.
The 2nd day of the Conference continued with the paper presentations in three separate Tracks.
After that the Panel Discussion II was held.
The second panel discussion was titled Systemic conditions for Entrepreneurial Ecosystems and featured distinguished members of the various Professors of renowned Universities. They were:
- Mr. Shadab Khan, Region Director, Georgia and Armenia, The Coca-Cola Company- Uzbekistan
- Dr. Amit Kumar Dwivedi, Associate Professor, Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Mr. Mohamed Jalloh, Business Manager, Vatebra Sierra Leone
- Dr. Anita Tripathy Lal, Professor, FORE School of Management, India
- Dr. Krishan K Pandey, Professor of Decision Science and Director of PhD Research, OP Jindal Global University, India
- Ms. Dorota Cagiel, Executive Director, Poland-India Connect Consulting Company, Poland
The moderator for the discussion was Mr. Susanta Bose.
Further, the Valedictory Keynote Address was given by Dr. Alexander Newman on the topic The Entrepreneurial Ecosystem in India: Progress, Challenges and Opportunities. He discussed various challenges and opportunities which are hindering the development of entrepreneurship in India.
At the end, the results of the best paper presenters award were announced by the Convenor Dr. Deepti Wadera which was as follows:
- Track 1: Mr. Anoop Khandelwal
- Track 2: Mr. Bhavook Chitkara
- Track 3: Mr. Gaurav Dua
- Track 4: Mr. Vineet Singh
- Track 5: Mr. Ran Bahadur Singh and Mr. R Muruganandam
The conference ended with the Vote of Thanks for Speaker/ Panelist by Convenor Dr. Susanta Bose and Vote of Thanks for the Chief Patron Mr. Nipun Goenka, Senior Management of GDGU, especially the President Prof Dr. Suku Bhaskaran and Vice Chancellor Prof. Dr. Tabrez Ahmad and Participants by Convenor Dr. Sudipta Sen Gupta.
The audience comprised of Deans of Various schools, faculties of School of Management, student volunteers and students at the university and research scholars. They got the opportunity to network with the speakers and gain knowledge and understanding of the entrepreneurial ecosystem of not only India but North America, Europe, Africa and Australia.
The academic fraternity and students from G D Goenka University also benefited from the event through their exposure to the new trends in the field of Entrepreneurship.
Our Blogs Similar Blogs
Placement Expert Talk to Expert