Dr. Sapna Sharma
Qualification: B. E (Computer Science and Engineering), MTech (Computer Science), Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering
College/University: Govt. College of Engineering Amravati, IETE Delhi, G D Goenka University
Ms. Sharma is an expert in the field of Biometrics and Machine Learning, with over twenty-two years of teaching experience in Computer Engineering. She has previously worked as a Lecturer and HOD in the Computer Engineering Department at Border Security Force STS-I, Tigri Camp, New Delhi, as well as at Hitkarini College of Engineering and Technology and Government College of Engineering, Jabalpur. Ms. Sharma has taught a variety of computer science subjects, including Data Structures, Advanced Database Management System, Software Engineering, Numerical Analysis, Computer Programming, Advance Java Programming, System Software, and Python Programming.
Ms. Sharma holds a BE in Computer Science and Engineering from Amravati University, Maharashtra, and an M-Tech in Computer Science from IETE, New Delhi. She is currently
pursuing her Ph.D. in Computer Science and Engineering from G D Goenka University, with her thesis submitted. Ms. Sharma has published ten research papers in reputed Scopus indexed journals and presented papers at various international and national conferences. Additionally, she is certified as a MICROSOFT CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL in SQL Server 2000 and has an NPTEL ONLINE certification on "DIGITAL IMAGE PROCESSING".
Ms. Sharma has rich experience in handling academic and administrative responsibilities in different capacities, including Head of Department, Examinations Controller, BTE Examination Controller, BTE Spot Paper Evaluation, and AICTE Grievance Cell. She has also participated and organized various workshops and webinars. Ms. Sharma is appointed as a reviewer in various reputed Scopus indexed journals. Her research interests include biometric security, personal authentication, image processing, machine learning, and deep learning.
- Sharma, S., & Agrawal, S. (2021). Personal authentication based on vascular pattern using finger vein biometric. Journal of Discrete Mathematical Sciences and Cryptography, 24(5).
- Sharma, S., Agrawal, S., &; Munjal, M. (2022). Technical Assessment of Various Image Enhancement Techniques using Finger Vein for personal Authentication. Journal of Information Technology Management, 14.
- Sharma, S., &; Lohchab, S. (2021). Personal Authentication Using Finger Vein Biometric Technology with Implementation of Transfer Learning CNN Model.
- Sharma, S., &; Lohchab, S. (2021). Region of Interest Extraction for Personal Authentication Using Automated Thresholding. Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Management Practices (ICAMP 2021),
- 5. Sharma, S., &; Lohchab, S. (2022). ConvNet for Finger Vein based Personal Authentication. International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Communication and Technology, 2(2), 201–210.
- 6. Sharma, S., & Lohchab, S. (2022). Extract an Effective Region of Interest using Automated Thresholding for Finger Vein Biometric. International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology, 8(8), 482–488.
- Sharma, S., &; Lohchab, S. (2022). Finger Vein Biometric Identification Using Transfer learning ConvNet Model.ICT-2022 conference reports pg no 168-171 is available on the website:
- Sharma, S., &; Lohchab, S. (2022). Internet of Things: Challenges and Privacy Issues. International Journal of Advanced Research in Science, Communication and Technology, 2(2), 587–592.
- Sharma, S., & Lohchab, S. (2022). Transfer Learning based CNN Model for Personal Authentication using Finger Vein Biometric. International Journal of Innovative Research in Technology, 8(8), 550–555.
- Sharma, S., &; Priya, R. (2022). CNN based Feature Extraction for Personal Authentication System using Finger Vein. Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR) Volume 9, Issue 10 Www.Jetir.Org (ISSN-2349-5162), 8(10), c809–c817
Placement Expert Talk to Expert