Duration: 2 Years | Programme code: 100007
Diploma in dialysis technician is a two year diploma program designed to build a well-informed and duly trained dialysis technicians for working efficiently in hospitals, medical clinics, dialysis centers, paramedical teaching and training institutions. An innovative curriculum of this programme will enable students to get requisite skills for carrying out dialysis in critical conditions such as renal dialysis, hem-dialysis. Students of this programme will be exposed to a rich avenue of opportunities as dialysis technician in multispecialty hospitals, nursing homes and dialysis centers.
Programme Educational Objectives
- Students will understand the role and scope of the dialysis technician in the healthcare setting with respect to pre. Intra & post dialysis.
- Students will develop skills necessary to identify the treatment options of end stage renal disease.
- Students will be able to educate patients on strategies to prevent urinary tract infections and peritonitis.
- Students will develop continuous professional and technical growth so as to become a professional and successful team leader.
- Students will be able to apply principles of safe practice in dialysis therapy.
- Students will be able to demonstrate skills in maintenance of dialysis equipment.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to:
- Apply the knowledge and skills of dialysis to provide safe and effective care to individual undergoing dialysis.
- Analyze a patient condition, and define the appropriate solution.
- Demonstrate technical skills, social behavior, and professional awareness imperative upon a dialysis technician.
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, organize and report different diagnosis related to treatments.
- Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in patient care.
- Efficiently execute well-designed dialysis procedures and contribute to analysis and interpretation of clinical data.
- Develop skills of good clinical practice as an individual and as a team member.
- Communicate effectively by oral, written and graphical means with a range of patients.
- Function effectively on teams to accomplish a common goal for patient’s well-being.
- Use of recent technologies to provide better healthcare services.
- Identify and apply the new development in dialysis treatment through continuing education and research.
Distinctive academic curriculum, qualified and competent faculty members aimed at transfer of knowledge through scholarly activities, training candidates to provide dialysis treatment for patients with kidney failure, reprocessing, equipment maintenance and repair, water treatment monitoring, participating in direct patient care.
Human anatomy & physiology, derangement of kidney functions, actual participation in dialysis procedure, complications of haemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, complication and management of complication during dialysis, and anticoagulation (principles and problems).
This programme caters to evolving industry demands and molds both fresher as well as experienced candidates to become exceptional professionals in the arena of dialysis. Students of this programme may secure lucrative jobs in reputed healthcare organizations as- dialysis technician multispecialty hospitals, nursing homes and dialysis centers as well as clinical research organization and medical devices.
Candidate shall have passed 10+2 in science stream with physics and chemistry as compulsory subject along with one of the math/biology. In addition, candidates will also have to appear in GATA (Goenkan Aptitude Test for Admissions) and personal interview.