Dr. Kamran Ali
Associate professor: Physiotherapy
Qualification: PhD (Physiotherapy)
College/University: Jamia Millia Islamia University (India)
Introduction: Dr. Kamran Ali is an expert in the area of Physiotherapy with a background in sports physiotherapy. He has taught these subjects for nearly 9 years at universities such as the Jamia Millia Islamia (India), Chandigarh university, Maharishi Markandeshwar University and School of Medical and Allied Sciences, GD Goenka University (India). Prior to taking up the current role in 2022, Anil Kumar Sharma served in academic position such as Assistant professor (Physiotherapy), Maharishi Markandeshwar University, mullana-ambala, Haryana, (India). Dr. Kamran Ali holds a PhD (Physiotherapy) from the Jamia Millia Islamia University (India); MPT (Sports Physiotherapy) from the Jamia Millia Islamia University (India); and BPT from the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University (India).
Publications (from 2015)
Aerobic Training, in Combination with Listening Music, Changes Post-Exercise Cardiac Autonomic Function in Collegiate Overweight and Obese Individuals. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine, 11(1). (Tayagi, N. K., Solanky, A., Jamali, S. N., Azharuddin, M., Ali, K., & Ahmad, I. 2020).
Anaerobic training and its effects on sleep quality, state, and trait anxiety in collegiate athletes. Sport Sciences for Health, 15(2). (Ali, K., Aseem, A., & Hussain, M. E. 2019), 453-461.
Complex Training: An Update. Journal of Athletic Enhancement 6: 3. (Ali, K., Ejaz Hussain, M., Verma, S., Ahmad, I., & Singla, D. (2017), 5- 2.
Comparison of complex versus contrast training on steroid hormones and sports performance in male soccer players. Journal of Chiropractic Medicine, 18(2). (Ali, K., Verma, S., Ahmad, I., Singla, D., Saleem, M., & Hussain, M. E. 2019). 131-138.
‘Effect of glycemic control and disease duration on cardiac autonomic function and oxidative stress in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Journal of Diabetes & Metabolic Disorders, 1-10. (Verma, S., Alam, R., Ahmad, I., Singla, D., Ali, K., & Hussain, M. E. 2018).
‘Reliability of electromyographic assessment of biceps Brachii and triceps Brachii in cricketers. Journal of chiropractic medicine, 17(3). (Singla, D., Hussain, M. E., Bhati, P., Moiz, J. A., Ahmad, I., Verma, S., & Ali, K. 2018), 151-159.
‘Co-Existence of hypertension worsens post-exercise cardiac autonomic recovery in type 2 diabetes. Indian Heart Journal, 70. (Verma, S., Bhati, P., Ahmad, I., Masroor, S., Ali, K., Singla, D., & Hussain, M. E. 2018). S82-S89.
‘Cardiac Autonomic Profile of Soccer, Field Hockey and Basketball Players: A Comparative Study. Asian Journal of Sports Medicine, Jun 1;9. (Prajapat, A., Irshad, A., Khan, Z., Ali, K., & Hussain, M. E. 2018).
‘The effects of grass and clay plyometric training on jumping, sprinting and agility in collegiate cricketers. International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, 4(12). (Ali, K., & Khan, M. H. 2013), 902-908.
‘Effects of Intermittent Pneumatic Compression vs. Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation on Recovery following Anaerobic Exercise in Male Basketball Players, International Journal of Biomedical and Advance Research, 7(10). (Lalita Sharma, M. Ejaz Hussain, Shalini Verma and Kamran Ali. 2016). 508-14.
‘Proprioception: An evidence based narrative review. Research & Investigations in Sports Medicine, 1. (Jha, P., Ahmad, I., Khurana, S., Kamran, A., Verma, S., & Kumar, T. 2017), 1-5.
‘Balance Training in Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy: A Narrative Review. JSM Diabetology and Management 2(1). (Ahmad I, Hussain E, Singla D, Verma S, Ali K 2017), 1002.
‘Effect of Rocker Soled Shoe Design on Walking Economy in Females with Pes Planus. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. Sep, Vol-11(9). (Manvi Dhyani, Deepika Singla, Irshad Ahmad, M. Ejaz Hussain, Kamran Ali 2017) YC01-YC04.
‘Effects of concurrent training on physical health and performance. Comparative Exercise Physiology, 1-6. (Jha, P., Khurana, S., Ali, K., Ahmad, I., & Verma, S. 2017).
Kamran's research interests encompass Exercise performance and testing, Exercise physiology, Biomechanics and kinesiology, Plyometrics, Strength and conditioning, Sports injuries and rehabilitation sports science, Exercise science, Athletic performance and training.
Contribution to the Profession and Awards (from 2015)
- Editorial board member of Journals
- Journal of Sports and Exercise Medicine
- Reviewer for manuscripts submitted to journals
- Journal of Chiropractic Medicine
- Sport Sciences for Health (SSFH)
- Nigerian Journal of Clinical Practice
- Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research (JCDR)
- Patents published
- METHOD AND PROCESS TO IMPROVE THE DIGITAL EDUCATION SYSTEM, Application No.202211042293 A.
- IMAGE REGISTRATION AND RECOGNITION OF BRAIN IMAGES CAPTURED USING MULTIPLE MODALITIES FOR EARLY DETECTION, Application No.202211042584 A.
- MACHINE LEARNING AND ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE BASED ON FEEDBACK SYSTEM FOR EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS, Application No.202211042296 A.
- DETECTING FALSE INFORMATION IN MEDICAL AND HEALTH CARE DOMAINS, Application No.202211052606 A.
- DETECTION OF FAKE NEWS TEXT CLASSIFICATION ON COVID-19 USING DEEP LEARNING APPROACHES, Application No.202211053246 A.
- MACHINE LEARNING MODEL TO IDENTIFY FAKE NEWS FOR COVID-19 IN HEALTH CARE SYSTEM, Application No.202211053232 A.
- DETECTION OF FALSE MEDICAL REPORTS GENERATED BY MRI MACHINE OF X-RAY USING MACHINE LEARNING TECHNIQUES, Application No.202211053949 A.
- Cervical Spondylosis Physical Therapy Management (CSPTM).
- Physiotherapy Protocol for Osteoarthritis (PPO)
- Poliomyelitis Physiotherapy Protocol (PPP)
- Physical Therapist Commands in Neurological Conditions (PTCNC)
- Physical Therapist-Counselling Protocol (PT-CP)
- Physical Therapy Quality Accreditation Guidelines (PTQAG)
- Therapist-Patient Communication and Co-ordination in Clinical Settings (TPC-CCS).
- Therapist-Parent-Child Communication in Healthcare settings (TPC-HIS)
- Trigger Finger Physical Therapy Management (TFPTM)
Kamran's research interests encompass Trigger point release, Hba1c in Type 2 diabetic, Primary dysmenorrhea Exercise performance and testing, Sports injuries and rehabilitation sports science, Exercise science, Athletic performance and training.
Placement Expert Talk to Expert