Duration: 2 Years
M.Sc. Healthcare and Clinical Research is interdisciplinary study program with right blend of basics of clinical research, pharmacology, clinical trials, biostatistics, drug regulatory affairs and ethics. The program focuses on imparting knowledge and thorough understanding of the basic concepts in clinical trials. It provides multidisciplinary learning with eminent scientists from reputed Pharmaceutical Industries and Academia. The teaching and learning methods used in this program include lectures, tutorials, practical hands-on training, seminars and workshops. In order to attain learning outcomes of the program, assessments require students to integrate theory and apply it to practical aspects of clinical research.
Program Educational Objectives
- To develop knowledge and skilled professionals to perform clinical Trials, at multi-centric destinations in India and abroad
- To pursue successful industrial, academic and research careers in specialized fields ofclinical research
- Solve problems through application of critical thinking and evidence-based processes
- To adopt Good Clinical Practice and Standard Operating Procedure for Clinical Research and Clinical Data Management
- Post Graduate will be capable of adopting latest technological advancement in clinical practices by life-long learning with professional and ethical uprightness and socio-economic concerns.
Upon the completion of the course student will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of clinical study design/protocol for efficient clinical data management
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the different stakeholders in clinical research
- Conduct standardized database/procedure testing, data validation, SAE reconciliation and medical coding
- Participate actively and take leadership in inter-disciplinary and multi-disciplinary health care communities.
- Understand and analyze the impact of clinical research practice in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- Communicate effectively by oral, written, computing and graphical means
- Understand evolving regulatory processes, standards and practices of ICH GCP in the conduct of different therapeutic trials
- Graduates will possess critical acumen for continuously updating their knowledge through self-study or higher education
Well-designed program curriculum is taught by qualified & experienced faculty and clinical experts; adequate theoretical knowledge to plan lab investigations rationally in any clinical set up and carry out and interpret the results; research training program for students; industry/clinical exposure in healthcare organizations of repute.
Clinical Research Including introduction, Research operations management, epidemiological principles relevant to clinical research, clinical data management & biostatistics, medical writing, medical records management & concepts in clinical trials, research methodology & concepts in clinical trials, quality control, quality assurance and total management in clinical trials.
This program caters to evolving industry demands and moulds both fresher as well as experienced candidates to become exceptional professionals in the arena of clinical research and healthcare. Graduates of this program may secure lucrative senior positions in reputed healthcare organizations as Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Research Investigator, Study Coordinator, Data Manager / Biostatistician, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Clinical Trials Auditor, Clinical Project Manager, Clinical Research Manager, Business Development Manager, Drug Safety Associate, Medical Writer etc. Students will be eligible to take academic assignments/faculty positions after successful completion of this post graduate program.
Candidate shall have completed graduation from a recognized university in any of the following:
- An undergraduate degree in Life Sciences which includes a degree in Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Toxicology, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Botany or Zoology.
- Doctors who have pursued M.B.B.S./ B.D.S./ B.A.M.S./ B.H.M.S./ B.U.M.S./ B. V. Sc./ B.S.S.M.
- Bachelors in Physiotherapy, B. Pharmacy or M. Pharmacy students
- Nursing courses.
- Any other qualification approved by the GDGU as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
In addition candidates will have to successfully complete Goenka Aptitude Test for Admission (GATA) and appear for a personal interview.