Importance of seminar, workshop and conference in a life of science student
Seminars, workshops and conferences hold great importance of life of a student. They are platforms not only to learn new aspects, others perspectives and latest information, but also a good way of networking.
There are many benefits which one get from attending these first being confidence then networking, information and motivation.
- As we know that confidence is very important for everyone at each stage of life, which somewhere a science student (who has not taken part in any stage activity or any debate but has a good academic record) lacks as he or she did not have many opportunities to speak in front of audience. So, by attending these types of seminars and conferences and interacting with the leaders of their field or by presenting a poster in conference boosts up the confidence of a student which helps him or her during an interview.
- Networking is an important part of any individual life. In workshops students and teachers from different institutions take part. Meeting new people and making new friends can help the student to take guidance and encourage new way of thinking. If a student wants to continue his or her career in scientific research, then meeting people related to it in conferences can be very beneficial as there are many scientists who attend these conferences.
- A student pursuing post-graduation and wants to do a PhD can learn about the recent studies going in respective field and can explore new areas of research which will help him or her to choose their topic for research and moreover they come to know about good laboratories and institution that they would like to work in future. By learning about new topics and meeting leaders in their field student feels encouraged and motivated.
- Listening to any prominent personality in any seminar or workshop helps the student to gain information about their way of work or how things take place. It helps to know about professional institutions and new discoveries in their field.
- Presenting a poster in conference helps the student to gain soft skills which will be valuable in their academic career. Poster making by a graduate or post graduate student helps them to explore science at deeper level. Presenting a poster helps the student to build their skills that will be useful in future.
An individual, who can sometime loose motivation and excitement to study or work, should definitely attend a conference or workshop related to his/her subject. This will lead to higher productivity and fulfilment of their goals.