Prof. (Dr.) Azimkhan B. Pathan
Professor and Head of the Department
Qualification: Bachelor of Art (B.A.),Bachelor of Law (LL.B.) (Gold Medalist),SGB Amravati University, Maharashtra, 2005,Master of Law (LL.M.) (Gold Medalist),Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
College/University: SGB Amravati University, Maharashtra, 2002,RTM Nagpur University, Maharashtra, 2008,RTM Nagpur University, Maharashtra, 2013
Introduction: Prof. Dr. Azimkhan B. Pathan has 16 years of Academics and Professional experience. He has served as a Professor of Law & Dean (I/C) and also Head and Chair for Centre for Post Graduate Legal Studies, School of Law Galgotias University, Greater Noida during 2019-2021. He is a passionate learner of law and social sciences. His doctoral work is based on Climate Change Law. He has keen interest in Environmental Law and Comparative Public Law research. He has also worked as an Associate Professor of Law at School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun between 2015-2019.
He has also been Head, Department of Media, Entertainment and Taxation Law at School of Law, UPES. He has even held the position of Lecturer & Research Associate and also as a Warden for Boys Hostel at Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur between 2009-2015. He had started his academic career from Post Graduate Teaching Department of Law, Nagpur University during 2008-2009. He also worked as a Legal Practitioner in the District Court, Yavatmal, Maharashtra and the Bombay High Court, Nagpur Bench under Senior Advocate Sri S. Bhalerao between 2005-2007. He is an Honorary Editor of Public Knowledge Project and has also been a Resource Person for the World Bank Project (IIM Kashipur) and organised workshop on Business and Sustainability. He has been a Resource Person in workshop on “Environment Law Adjudication” by Chhattisgarh Environment Board.
He has been resource person for many workshops including UGC Human Resource Development Center, Indore. He has organised camps for Rural Areas for Construction of handmade Water Harvesting through National Service Scheme. Dr. Pathan has in his credit a project on ‘Ethanol Blending: The Way Forward’, conducted with Policy and Legal Research Chamber, New Delhi. He has also authored two books and many research chapters and articles in books and journals of repute. He is regular Reviewer of the International Journal on Human Rights (Taylor and Francis, Scopus Indexed Journal). He is also recipient of many research awards. He is also recipient of Ex-Prime Minister P.V. Narsimha Rao Gold Medal.
- Crime Engineering: An Analysis with Reference to Crimes and Cyber Crimes Against Women in Person. Published in Scopus Indexed Journal: http://solidstatetechnology.us/index.php/JSST/article/view/3952
- Economic Analysis of Legislative Process of Parliament in The Light Of Pandemic Of Covid-19 And India: Revisiting Existing Physical Infrastructure From The Prism Of Evolving Information And Communication Technology (ICT): Journal of Critical Review (Scopus Indexed Journal)
- Cyber Victim Shaming Vis-à-Vis Positive Victimology: An Introspection from Indian Perspective, Vol-19-Issue-13-May-2020, (UGC Care Journal: 2320-069).
- Techno-Legal Dimensions of Carbon Emissions & Climate Change: An Intellectual Property Rights Perspective Intellectual Property & Public Policy 2018 New Indian Publishing Agency, New Delhi vide ISBN 9789386546494. https://isbnsearch.org/isbn/9789386546494
- Submitted Research Project Proposal in the background of COVID 19 “ECONOMIC ANALYSIS OF LEGISLATIVE PROCESS OF PARLIAMENT IN THE LIGHT OF PANDEMIC OF COVID-19 AND INDIA: REVISITING EXISTING PHYSICAL INFRASTRUCTURE FROM THE PRISM OF EVOLVING INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)” submitted for screening stage to the Indian Council for Social Science Research in the month of May, 2020.
- UPES-PLR Research Project, a funded project on “Legal and Market Barrier in Adoption of Ethanol Energy” with the Policy and Legal Research (PLR) Chambers, New Delhi (Principal Investigator and Convener). (2016) 4 lacks fund was awarded to the School of Law UPES. Link: http://www.cstep.in/drupal/node/343
- Submitted Research Proposal to Women’s Fund Asia for screening on the area of “Women Entrepreneurship in Rural Sector for achieving Environmental Justice – A study with special reference to India and its neighboring developing nations”.
- Minor Project/Joint Paper on Encouraging Hydrocarbon Development in the Context of Low-Carbon Energy Transition: A Comparative Study of UK and India (Joint work with Professor John Paterson, School of Law, University of Aberdeen, U.K.)
- Minor Project/Scoping Study Promoting Solar Charging Stations and Solar Power based Light weight Electric Vehicles (LEVs) in State of Uttarakhand. (Project with in collaboration with the Research and Consultancy Organization ‘The Dialogue” New Delhi.
- Seed Money Project for External Funding on “Emergence Of Digital Evidence and Information Technology in Combating Forest Crimes: A Capacity Building Model for Forest Officers in Uttarakhand States”.
- Seed Money Project for External Funding on “Maternal Mortality Rate and Health Infrastructure and Facilities in Government
- Submitted Research Proposal for Book Writing to Lok Sabha Secretariat, New Delhi on the theme Emergence of Information Technology and Its Relevance in Parliamentary Proceedings and Good Governance: A Capacity Building Model for the Peoples’ Representatives and Rural Sectors of India.
- Research Article published in International Human Rights Journal, Volume 4-Issue 1 2017 (ISSN 2320-6942) entitled “Pyramid Theory vis-à-vis Crime Engineering”. https://portal.issn.org/resource/ISSN/2320-6942#
- Research Article published in Cochin University Law Review (ISSN 0970-0331, UGC Listed), Vol. LXI, Jan- Dec. 2016, entitled “Emergence of Digital Evidences in Combating Forest and Wildlife Crimes in India: Revisiting the Existing Legal Framework”
- Research Article entitled “Media Trial as a Fusion of Inquisitorial System of Administration of Justice: The Way Forward, HNLU Journal of Law and Social Sciences, Satyam Law International, Vol. 1, Jan.-Dec., 2014 (ISSN:2347-839X).
- Research article entitled “A Vanishing Jurisprudence of Independence of Judiciary in India: An Analysis With Reference to Judicial Appointment Commission Act, 2014”, June 2015 in ITM Law Review, ITM University, Gurgaon, (ISSN 2321–9904).
- Book co-authored entitled “Protection and Conservation of Biodiversity: Legal Regime(National and International Perspective), published by CEHRRA Publication Nagpur, 2013 (ISBN-9789351268543).
- Book in the memory of Justice V.R. Krishna Iyer entitled “Human Rights, Constitutionalism and Rule of Law: Contemporary Issues and Challenges”, Satyam Law International Pub., New Delhi, 2017, (ISBN: 9789382823551). https://www.indianbooksandperiodicals.com/the-law-of-human-rights-hardbound/p/24699
- Book Chapter entitled “Comparative Analysis of Ethanol Production in India: An Analysis with Special Reference to Existing Policies and Judicial Response” published by TILA International, April, 2019.
- Book Chapter entitled ”Environmental Impact of Climate Change on Agricultural Sustainability, Food and Livelihood Security: A South Asian Perspective, Manakin Press Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, 2019.
- A Chapter in edited book entitled “Gender Issues and Challenges in 21st Century”, published by Satyam Law International, 2015 (ISBN-9789382823209). https://isbnsearch.org/isbn/9789382823209
- Edited Book as co-editor on Energy Law: Emerging Dimensions (to be published by Satyam Law International New Delhi) (in process)
- Edited Book as co-editor on Cyber Law: Emerging Dimensions (to be published by Eastern Book Co. India) (in process)
- Edited Book as co-editor on Intellectual Property Rights Law: Emerging Dimensions (to be published by Eastern Book Co. India/Kluwer International) (in process)
- Book entitled “National Green Tribunal: Practice, Procedure and Compliance” to be published by Satyam Law International New Delhi. (in process).
- Chapter entitled “Techno-Legal Approach for Reduction of Carbon Emission vis-à-vis Climate Change: An Intellectual Property Rights Perspective” in edited volume on IPR Policy, New India Publishing Agency, New Delhi, 2018.
- Chapter entitled “Environmental Impact of Climate Change On Agricultural Sustainability, Food And Livelihood Security: A South Asian Perspective”, Manakin Press, New Delhi, ISBN: 9789-38667-7907.
Resource Person and Guest Talks:
- Resource Person for Faculty Development Program by Ideal Institute of Management and Technology, Delhi on Cyber Law in the age of Digitization on 16th July, 2021.
- Resource Person for Faculty Development Program by G.D. Goenka University’s School of Law, Haryana and delivered a session on Research Skills and Formulating Literature Review on 6th July, 2021.
- Resource Person for Faculty Development Program organized by Kerala Law Academy, Trivendrum on 27th July, 2021. https://www.facebook.com/KLAMCS/videos/1783405315175516/
- Resource Person for lecture delivered in Post Graduate Teaching Department of Law, Sambalpur University, Orissa on the theme “Significance of Interdisciplinary Approach in Contemporary Legal Research on dated 9th May, 2021. https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=10225731304454060&set=a.10206969674625040
- Resource Person and Session Chair in the National Conference on GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY AND TRANSPARENCY: A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE held on 17th October 2020 organized by Asian Law College, Greater Noida. https://libertatem.in/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/ALC-National-Conference-Detailed-Brochure.pdf
- Resource Person in webinar lecture series organized by Law for Justice Forum (LFJ) on the theme “Access to Justice for Weaker Sections by Judicial Creativity” on 26th July, 2020.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ipJS94jASU&feature=youtu.be
- Resource Person in Faculty Development Program organized by ICFAI Law School, Tripura on the area “Interdisciplinary Approach in Legal Education” on 29th June, 2020 to 4th July, 2020.Link: https://knowledgesteez.files.wordpress.com/2020/06/fdp-brosure.pdf
- Delivered talk as a resource person in the webinar organized by Educentric on Environment Day, 5th June, 2020 on the area of “Challenges in Implementing Environmental Law at the Grass root Level”.
- Resource Person for Virtual Talk organized by LexAcharya Virtual Summit 2020. Delivered talk on the theme “Role of Indian Judiciary in COVID 19 period: The Way Forward.
- Resource Person for Webinar organized by Aaweg Charitable Trust for the awareness of Public on 18th May, 2020. Delivered a session on the area of “Public Interest Litigation during COVID 19 period”.
- Resource Person in Faculty Development Program on Legal Research and Innovation organized by Galgotias University School of Law on 4th December, 2019 to 10th December, 2019.
- Resource Person in the Short Term Program on Human Rights and Environment Protection organized by UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, Indore on 28th and 29th May, 2019.
- Special Guest Lecture, Amolakchand Law School, Amravati University, Amravati, Maharashtra, 27th August, 2018.
- Resource Person in Department of Law, RTM Nagpur University, 24th August, 2018. Delivered a session on theme “Dynamics and Significance of Interdisciplinary Approach and Research in Legal Education”.
- Resource Person for Faculty Development Program, School of Law, UPES, Dehradun, U.K. India on Jan. 5th, 2017.
- Resource Person for the World Bank organized Workshop on Business and Sustainability by the IIM Kashipur and FRI deemed University, Dehradun on 15th June, 2016.
Placement Expert Talk to Expert